It happens to all- when no matter how big your house is, there’s never enough room for all our stuff! Luckily, if you’re a bit unsure where to put your gardening tools, sporting equipment, lawnmowers, and other things, backyard storage sheds are now available for you to try!
Storage sheds come in different sizes and shapes, and they have become a popular extension where outdoor stuff can be placed and secured. If you are planning to buy one for yourself, or want to build DIY outdoor storage, here are the things that you need to know:
Do I require a grant to introduce a capacity shed?
Before starting with your storage shed project, it pays off to talk to your local officials about the size, height, and site restrictions. Take time to check zoning regulations to prevent issues on your outdoor shed installation.
Can my storage shed be placed right next to my house?
Choosing the best location for your storage sheds can be a bit tricky. While you can install small storage next to your home, you may want to place a larger unit a bit further away from it. Maintain about 2-feet clearance around the outdoor storage shed. Some of the factors that you need to consider when finding the best location for your outdoor storage are the land slopes, the kind of soil, and the presence of trees and fencing.
How much does the storage shed cost?
The cost of building a shed in the US ranges from $1,500 to $4000, depending on the materials you want to use and the extra features you want to include. Some homeowners like to have windows, porches, shelving, and other decorative touches included in the storage sheds. Additionally, there will be additional charges if you hire a professional installer. If you want a wise investment, we recommend using higher-quality materials because they’re durable and can last long.
What are common types of storage sheds?
The usual materials used to build outdoor storage sheds are wood, plastic resin, vinyl, and metal. Most outdoor sheds can be categorized as vertical sheds, horizontal sheds, corner sheds, lean-to sheds attached to the house, and barn-style sheds with two-level storage.
What’s the size of storage sheds should I buy?
The size of the storage sheds depends on how you will use them. It would help determine how you’ll be using it or what the stuff you want to be placed inside is.
Reasons Why You Need Storage Sheds
Storage sheds are proven to help you organize things and add a line of beauty to your property’s design. With the right materials and designs, these features will make a good customizable organizing system that will give you easy access to your gardening and recreational equipment. If you’re wondering if it’s time to buy one for your property, here are some reasons that can help you decide:
· Extra Living Space. If you place your excess items in the sheds, you will have enough room inside your home for more important things. The room will also look neat and tidy with the absence of clutter.
· Save Time for Lost Possession. Keeping everything in one place will make it easy for you to find them when you need them.
· Hide Less Attractive Items. If there are things that distract the beauty of your home, you can hide them in the storage shed. It is also a safe place for seasonal items like Christmas trees and lighting.
· Protection. Storage sheds help protect equipment from harsh weathers, thieves, bugs and outdoor animals. Good sheds are secured enough to keep these uninvited guests from getting in.
· Safety. Decluttering and keeping sharp equipment in the storage sheds will guarantee safe living space for your family, especially the kids.
Find your perfect outdoor shed. At Better Build USA, we have many storage buildings for sale on one of our four locations in the Midland NC, Monroe NC, Kannapolis NC, and Pageland SC areas. We are committed to building quality stockpiling structures and more at a moderate cost, while giving the best client care. Schedule your appointment or talk to our experts to know your complete options. Contact us today!