Who is Siddharth Mahajan?
- Siddharth Mahajan’s biography would indeed be an intriguing journey to go through especially since his perseverance in the field of hospitality earned him his reputation in the Hotel Industry. Born and brought up in India, Siddharth Mahajan proved to be a young blossoming mind that keenly pursued a career in the hospitality industry and left no stone unturned to find the right path for his passion.
- Mahajan completed a Bachelor’s degree from the Oriental School of Hotel Management, Kerala and 3 years of International Diploma in Hospitality from the American Hotel & Lodging Association in Honors. He was the first student from college to get Campus placement at Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur. He joined the Rajvilas in 2002 (6 months prior to completing his degree) and returned to college in 2003 for his final semester in April 2003. His stint at the luxury hotel lasted 2 years and earned him a substantial appreciation for his commendable services in hospitality.
Professional Journey of Siddharth Mahajan
- In London, Siddharth Mahajan started working at Thistle Marble Arch Hotel as well as other enriching stints with various hotels that led him to establish his own business in 2011 namely Tulip Hotels and Real Estate Ltd. At the inception, he began letting out service apartments to travelers looking for long-term stay options with comforts and facilities of a house. He made these houses fully functional and equipped so that customers didn’t have to worry about electricity, water, cable or internet connections.
- The business model was a natural success and Tulip Hotels began to flourish. He leased out several more properties to accommodate the growing business and subsequently invested in a few of his own.
- In 2015, Siddharth received enforcement by the Barking and Dagenham Borough of London which stated that 3 of his properties that were transformed into 6 room HMOs are lacking the appropriate licensing and hence been deemed illegal. Siddharth Mahajan denied the charges stating he had followed all legal procedures while obtaining licenses for these houses. He further claimed that during his license application procedure he was not informed that his 6 room HMOs required submission of a plan.
- The borough stated the rule of plan submission for HMOs with 6 rooms or more was introduced in 2012, however, Mahajan maintained he had obtained the license from the council in 2014 but was not alerted or directed to submit any plans for his HMO’s.
- Additionally, a widely recognized and accepted fact was that small HMOs did not require any plan and all the three properties in question were, in fact, small HMOs.
- Following extensive assessment, one out of three properties received a clean chit; while two were still under scrutiny. Siddharth Mahajan was disappointed when the tenants in question who passed on the tenancy rights to him for the properties were allowed to go scot-free by the jury. Although these tenants had used the 6 room HMOs prior to Mahajan, it was he who had to face the allegations of having phony documents. Overall the authorities placed 18 charges on him of which only 2 were taken forward and convicted him of “misrepresenting the path of justice”.
Siddharth Mahajan’s re-course
- As part of the legal processes, Mahajan was given custodial sentencing for four months and thus was restricted from carrying out his business operations. During this period Mahajan engaged himself in a journalism course while simultaneously teaching math at Pentonville. His optimistic outlook towards life prevented him from allowing this setback to affect his passion for work.
- As the police could not find anything suspicious or faulty in Mahajan’s overall business conduct, they could not reprimand him; he has appealed to the court and is now awaiting its decision.
What Tulip Hotels stand for?
- Siddharth established a significant housing business in London and successively became the owner of Tulip Group – a successful UK-focused private group of companies that leveraged synergies across its specialist property, construction and hotel divisions to its strategic advantage. Siddharth Mahajan’s biography is sure to highlight the graph that saw a consistent upward movement owing to his diverse portfolio of flagship assets across UK’s key business locations, in partnership with some of the most illustrious brands to deliver consistently high service levels and sustainable growth.
- With close to 15 years of experience in developing homes with premier facilities, Mahajan’s real estate activities involve an aggregate value of 40 million pounds assets in London. Tulip Homes further aims to develop as a private, diversified property group, active in the UK in several segments, aligning the market scenarios and people’s preferences with its objectives. Mahajan is resolute to expand Tulip Homes by geography, sector, property activity, operational capability, and management team.
- He visualizes his business to gain a reputation for its strong financial performance; excellence in quality of design and service delivery as well as for the long-standing impact of the company’s values on what they do and how they do it. With an intense focus on these aspects, Tulip Homes uses its capability to create high-quality properties for people to enjoy and covet.