Waxing is one of the most popular hairs removal choices. But frequent waxing from a salon can be expensive for you. In that case, waxing at home is a great way to save money and time. Some people also go for shaving and Laser treatment at home.
In this article, we will discuss different types of waxing products, waxing tips, how to make it at home, etc. So let’s dive straight in.
Different Types of Wax You Can Try
Before you jump about doing waxing at home. It will be better to know about different types of wax to find out the one that will be ideal for you.
You can make sugar wax using some natural ingredients like sugar, lemon, and warm water. It works by pulling the hair from the roots and it doesn’t bring any side effects for the skin. Sugar wax can work well for sensitive skin.
You can say this is one of the luxurious and pampering waxing methods of waxing. It is less painful than sugar waxing. As it contains some expensive ingredients like almond oil and glycerine, you may need to pay a little extra to buy this wax.
It comprises fruit extracts such as bananas or berries as well as it is filled with nutrients. You can use it to get nourishment for your skin. Even if you have sensitive skin, then it can work best for you. You can buy fruit wax as an eyebrow wax kit from the market.
Hot wax refers to the heated wax that can be applied for the larger parts of your body. You can melt this wax in a pot or a microwave. It spreads quickly on the skin and is ideal for removing very short and thin hair. You can also consider purchasing a wax warmer kit for heating wax to the appropriate temperature.
Cold wax can be applied directly on to the skin and it doesn’t include any heating process. If you are going outside, then you can take it as it will not cause any mess. Cold wax is always found in a semi-solid formation which has a firm and significantly thick consistency.
Now you know about different types of wax, so let’s now see how you can make it simply at home without having to go anywhere.
How to make a wax at home
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of water, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, a utensil for processing
Steps for making wax at home:
Step 1: Add all the ingredients in a utensil. Give a nice stir until it boils. Do it at a lower flame.
Step 2: Increase the flame and stir it till it looks like gold. Check the consistency of your preparation. If it gets thicker than honey, then it is ready to go.
Step 3: Let it be cool for 30-45 minutes and use it just like a pro.
So, you have made it at your home. You can also buy waxing kits like bikini wax kit and others from the market.
Now let’s know about how to use it properly while you are at home.
Waxing at Your Home
You can make a wax at your home and can buy a waxing kit from the market. Once it is in your hand, follow the process about how to apply it.
- Clear the area where you want to apply it. Now take a cotton pad and place the wax in it, so that your table or tool cannot be messed up.
- Take adequate wax from your container. If you are using hot wax then, melt it in the wax warmer kit, microwave, or in a gas oven. Make sure to apply it in the same direction as your hair growth. Stick a wax strip on the area where you have applied it. Wax strips are included with most of the body wax kits generally.
- Pull it in one go in the opposite direction of the hair growth and press the waxed skin with your palm to reduce pain.
Follow this procedure all over your body where you want to do wax with a professional waxing kit.
Let’s try it now…
Tips For Waxing at Home
If you are ready to wax at home, then here are some tips to get the best result. So, get on with all the waxing accessories you have.
- Check the skin: If there are any cuts, burns, or pimples in your skin, then avoid waxing there. In case if you are suffering from any skin problems, it will be better to consult a dermatologist.
- Keep your eyes in wax temperature: If you are using hot wax then ensure it is not too hot to apply on your skin.
- Find the right direction of your hair growth: It is easy for some areas, but for some particular area it can be difficult to find the right direction. If needed, wax it in multiple directions to find the right one.
Going out for a parlour or calling a beautician in your home, cannot be convenient always. Follow the above-mentioned process, and wax at your home like a pro.