Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the most popular engineering branches preferred by B.Tech students. Undergraduates from the ECE branch have diverse career options in multiple sectors, including telecom industries, production houses, manufacturing, etc. Fortunately, St. Andrews Institute of Technology & Management (SAITM) has introduced a fully practical-driven course on ECE (Electronics and Tele-communication) for the UG candidates.
AICTE has approved this 4-year Electronics and Communications program. The course involves research, developing and testing various electrical equipment or components. In addition, this program at SAITM intends to enhance students’ problem-solving abilities, written and diagrammatic communication skills.
SAITM Electronics and Communication Engineering: The Advantages
The advantages and outcomes of the 4-year UG course in Electronics and Communication engineering from SAITM Delhi are as given below:
- The Electronics and Communication Engineering branch in SAITM focuses on providing students with a strong foundation in mathematics, sciences, and engineering.
- They emphasize more on practical learning rather than theoretical classes. Students receive the privilege to attend multiple laboratory sessions to sharpen their practical skills and problem solving abilities.
- SAITM students can work on hands-on projects and develop proper techniques with some hardware and software to shape efficient solutions for the future. Create real-life projects and prototypes and showcase their skills to the utmost extent.
- The program deploys modern applications and technologies to keep students updated about the latest technologies and help them get jobs and establish their own ventures as well.
- Students can work on various practical projects and the latest technologies with the help of well-equipped laboratories (ATMEL MCU Centre, TEXAS Instruments Analog, Laboratory).
- It will further help the students develop and measure their knowledge and later choose a career in a particular sector based on their interests.
- The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at SAITM helps students prepare and participate in various competitive examinations, including GATE, GRE, and so on, for their higher studies.
- Students also get chances to work on multiple corporate projects and Government of India funded projects as well. This helps students in increasing their research experience and develop professionalism.
- Candidates will be able to come up with more innovative ideas and participate in several National/International level competitions with the help of the Incubation Centre at SAITM.
- The college premises also hold summer/winter training programs that help students hone their skills and keep them up to date.
SAITM Electronics and Communication Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for admission in the ECE department at SAITM Institute, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology or Computer as their core subjects in their 12th Standard.
- The applicants must have completed their 12th under a recognized board.
- Candidates must have a minimum score of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in their 12th.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved categories must contain at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
SAITM Electronics and Communication Engineering: Fee Structure, Registration & Scholarships
The course fee for all the B.Tech courses in SAITM including the Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering course has the same fee structure. The detailed fee structure for the ECE program is given below in the table:
|Course||Years||Fee (Per Year)|
|Bachelor of Technology (All Branches)||4||Rs. 92,000/-|
|Bachelor of Technology (All Branches) – Lateral Entry||3||Rs. 92,000/-|
Please Note: The fee structure for the ECE program is Rs. 46,000 per semester. This structure is the same for all the B.Tech programs.
How to register at SAITM?
In order to register, the institute will send a link to your registered email address or mobile number. You can also apply from the official website. Students are expected to visit the link and fill the form accordingly. After registering successfully, each student will receive a call from the Management Authority of the Institution to confirm their registration.
Does SAITM provide any scholarships for the ECE program?
St. Andrews Institute provides scholarships to eligible students for all the programs. Scholarships are mostly provided to the students at the time of admission based on the following factors:
- Students must score the specified percentage in their 10+2 to be eligible for the scholarships.
- Cash scholarships are also provided to the university rank-holders.
- Students belonging to SC, ST, and OBC are also provided scholarships of a certain amount as per the Central Government Policies.
SAITM Electronics and Communication Engineering: Career Opportunities
The B.Tech in Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering is a top-rated course having great importance in various sectors. The ECE course from SAITM provides you with a wide variety of career options in all sectors. Find the list of different reputed career options after completing this 4-year UG program from SAITM.
- Tele-communication Engineer
- System Engineer
- Signal System Engineer
- Radar Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Field Test Engineer
- Jr. Telecom Officer
- Network Planning Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
SAITM Top Recruiters
St. Andrews Institute of Technology and Management SAITM has invited more than 60+ top recruiters to their campus last year. Some of their top recruiters include:
- Tech Mahindra
- Nixxit IT Solution
SAITM also maintains an excellent placement record, including candidates from all branches. According to recent statistics, SAITM boasts of new placement records in more than 16 reputed companies from the Electrical department alone.
Students from the ECE branch have received placements in companies like Astron Group, Cortegra Technologies, Softkiwi, NHDO, etc. Moreover, other departments such as Mechanical, Civil, Computer Science, ETCE, BBA, and BCA also have good placement statistics.
We are sure that if you are planning to study Electronics Engineering, you are surely convinced by now about the prospects SAITM offers. For more information, we request students to visit the official website of the college and plan accordingly.