QuickBooks error code 15212 appears while downloading payroll updates or updating the QuickBooks application to the latest release.
When downloading payroll or QuickBooks updates, you receive error 12159 or one of the following error 15212 messages:
- “The payroll update did not complete successfully. Please try again. You must successfully download the update by the deadline displayed in the Get Updates window.”
- “The QuickBooks update did not complete successfully.”
- “The payroll update did not complete successfully. The location for the shared download is not accessible.”
These errors can be caused by a shared download drive that is not mapped, is not accessible, or has insufficient access permissions.
Things to make sure Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks payroll error 15212
Checking with the below-given points will assist you to save lots of your time and efforts within the error-resolution.
- Make sure that you simply have an active payroll service subscription with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check if not more than one QuickBooks version is installed on the same pc because it is an inaccurate practice.
- Your Firewall or internet security doesn’t have restrictive settings; otherwise, they will prevent QuickBooks from accessing the internet.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15212
Now that you are aware of the possible causes behind the QuickBooks error code 15212, we are providing some effective troubleshooting solutions for you:
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks.
- First, make sure that you have installed the latest QuickBooks update.
- If you do not have, download an update right now.
- Select Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options
- For Shared Download, click on No > Save > Close.
- Download the update
After that follow below steps to solve QuickBooks update payroll error code 15212:
- First, restart your computer and start ‘mapping data files to network drives’
- You can be remapped network drives by: FILE EXPLORER<START<THIS PC<COMPUTER<MAP NETWORK DRIVE
- For updating payroll you can use the ‘DATA FILE’ but when asked to pick a file.
- After completing remapping, restart the computer again to check if the error is rectified.
Solution 2. Download Updates in Safe Mode
Sometimes the QuickBooks error 15212 can take place due to the third-party applications interfering with the installation process of the QuickBooks updates. When you download the updates in Window Safe Mode, the process remains unhindered from the interference of the third-party applications. Bring this solution into the practice and check if it can eliminate the error code 15212 in QuickBooks.
Solution 3. Clean install QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Windows Start menu. Search for “Control Panel”, then open Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of installed programs, select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you’re having problems with.
- Select Uninstall/Change and then Remove. Select Next. If you don’t see this option, sign out and sign back into Windows as an admin (or a user with admin rights).
- When you’re done, Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If the issue gets resolved completely, then the user can download the latest payroll as well as QuickBooks updates without any hassle. However, if the issue is not resolved even after following all the methods mentioned above, the user should immediately get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll HelpDesk at +1(800)986-6570.