QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error H505 happens after you attempt to open a company file that’s not located on your pc. It can even seem once QuickBooks Company File wants some extra configuration. This Error may be a part of Series Errors that are – 6000, H101, H202, H303, and H505 that are associated with Hosting Settings.
The H505 error code belongs to a bunch of errors that usually occur once users try to access a company file that’s not located on their computer however it also can occur if they’re accessing a file on their pc with improper configuration.
Several error codes share similar solutions to this one and users have reportable that the error mostly happens in a multi-user atmosphere and it undoubtedly makes the communication between many connected devices or accounts more difficult in terms of sharing one company file.
Causes for QuickBooks Error H505
- Incorrect hosting configuration setting.
- Once a system Firewall setting obstructing to induce company files or it blocks incoming and outgoing communication.
- Broken or incorrect.ND files configuration that enable QB to access company files during a community.
- QuickBooks database server manager is unable to find the IP address of the host computer or using the various IP addresses.
- Once the setting of DNS is wrong.
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF aren’t started.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H505
Once QuickBooks Error Code H505 happens, a consumer will get the incidental facet effects –
- A multi-client mode can’t be utilized.
- The consumer neglects to open the QuickBooks organization document place away on the server.
- QuickBooks program window gets smashed.
- A workstation or Desktop crashes over and over.
Ways to solve QuickBooks Error Code H505
The solutions below should convince be useful to those that are experiencing this error code. There are quite a few solutions displayed so confirm you follow them one by one till one in all them manages to resolve your drawback,
Solution 1: Make a new Company File Folder
- First, generate a ‘Replacement folder’ on the hosting computer. Now share the original folder and Windows access permissions to share the company files
- If you do not have access to the digital computer then, Contact a skilled IT professional
- In the new folder, Copy .qbw file in multi-user mode again
- You can now open the Company file.
Solution 2: Verify the Hosting Process
Since this error often occurs in the multi-user environment where one computer (the server) serves as a host, you absolutely need to make sure that only one computer has the hosting option enabled by following the steps below for each computer or workstation related to the project except for the hosting computer.
- Open QuickBooks by double-clicking its icon and navigate to File >> Utilities.
- You should be able to see the Host Multi-User Access option on the list which appears which means that this computer is not hosting the company file and it’s safe to move on to the next computer. Make sure you don’t change anything if you see this option.
- If you click on File >> Utilities and you see the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access click on this option which will prevent this computer from being the host, leaving only the host computer.
- Repeat this process for all computers except for the real host.
Solution 3: Edit the Host File
- Firstly, hold Windows + R key together to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, you have to type “cmd” and hit Enter to open Command Prompt window.
- After that type “ipconfig /all” and hit Enter to run the following command.
- Write down the Host Name and IP Address somewhere. You need to repeat the procedure for all the computers having a multi-user setup.
For more troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code H505, user can visit us on the internet and connect with QuickBooks Helpdesk through email or live chat. Users can also opt for a quick rectification through our QB Helpdesk Number i.e. +1(855)548-3394.