QuickBooks Error Code 6073 happens once users conceive to open the QuickBooks company file (.qbw) in multi-user configurations. When QuickBooks Error Code 6073 happens users are unable to open the corporate file. This happens once an identical file is opened by another user.
This error is fixed by asking that the user switches to multi-user mode, therefore, you’ll be able to each use the corporate file at the identical time. If it is, raise your computer user to form the file accessible by locating the enter a read-only network folder.
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error 6073
There are a lot of reasons why QuickBooks Error 6073 will cause-
- The file you’re opening is already opened using single-user mode.
- Company file you wish reads is saved under Read-Only mode.
- The file that is held on in operating system or Linux pc and you will be using completely different credentials.
- The company file is opened with the use of remote application.
- The server and also the workstation version of QuickBooks don’t match.
- Hosting is switched on many pc systems at a similar time.
- Incomplete or no permission to access the corporate file
- Company file is corrupted
- An issue with the QuickBooks database Server Manager
- The network file is either missing or fully broken.
- A Hidden label given to the group action log files
- The firewall settings have blocked access to QuickBooks
- The software is running a pre-scheduled file backup.
What are the Signs of QuickBooks Error 6073?
- The error crashes the active program window
- Computer keeps crashing often
- The QuickBooks Error 6073 keeps in displaying whereas you are attempting to open the file.
How to solve QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Below we are about to discuss troubleshooting steps for a way to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073. some of the solutions are mentioned below,
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is used to solve network issues, data file damages, and several other problems that commonly occur in QuickBooks. it can also detect the errors that will happen in the company files shared across the server.
Solution 2: The Network Data file is not available or corrupted
- Right-click the Start button of Windows and click on Open Windows Explorer.
- Search for the specific folder that has QuickBooks company file in it.
- You have to Right-click company file that has as the company file and Network Data file extension and click on
- From Network Data to .ndold, Change company file extension and then press Enter.
- Open the QuickBooks software and then click on the open company file.
- For company file, QuickBooks software will make another Network Data file.
Solution 3: Solve QuickBooks Error Code 6073 Manually
In case, company file is open in the single-user mode on another system.
- Shut down QB from all the computer systems.
- Switch on the host PC system and attempt to open the company file on it.
- Turn on the multi-user mode by using the File option on Menu.
- Make one last try of restarting all the systems and if QuickBooks Error Code 6073 still exists, use other methods.
In case, the company file is open in the single-user mode on the host computer system.
- Go to the File menu of your software and pick the Close company option.
- Click on the File option from the Menu row.
- Choose ‘Open a company file’ and then snap on Next.
- From the list that appears, pick your company file.
- Choose Open file in multi-user mode
- Finally, click on Open.
In case, the company file is protected in read-only mode in the network folder.
- Sit on the computer system that is hosting your company file.
- Navigate or look for the folder where you have stored the company file
- Once you find the folder, just right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Look for the Security Tab and click on it.
- You will get a list of users who use the company file, choose the one that is having the issue.
- Then Click Edit and Check the box that says Allow Full Control
- Apply all the changes
- Lastly, end the steps by clicking on the OK button.
In case, the user is accessing the computer remotely via other apps.
- Click on the taskbar that is given at the extreme bottom of your system and then select Task Manager.
- Look for the Processes tab and click on it.
- You need to verify if there are any running processes below the name of the user that is showing error code 6073.
- In case you notice any processes, it is advised that you reboot your system.
Now is any of the QuickBooks User have problem in solving QuickBooks Error Code 6073 they should visit our website for detailed solutions. They can also opt for help from our quickbooks executives available through different methods such as Email or Live Chat on our website. Or directly connect to our QuickBooks Helpdesk through toll free number +1800-986-6570.