The 6123 error code on QuickBooks seems while the person is updating company files to the updated version of QuickBooks desktop, or while restoring a backup, or having access to a document placed on some other computer.
In this blog, we are able to tell three special ways to restore the QuickBooks 6123 error. Because the motive of the error can also vary from user to user, it may end up difficult to expect the right solution that might be observed in your case. The best approach would be to start with the primary way. If that does not be just right for you, jump to the next way and so on.
Reasons for QuickBooks error 6123
- QuickBooks data files or program files may be corrupted or damaged.
- Your file hosting may be blocked by Security software.
- Damaged Windows Operating System(OS).
- You may be installed multiple versions of QuickBooks or running on your system.
These are the few common reasons by which you may face QuickBooks error issue.
Ways to repair QuickBooks error 6123
Way1- QuickBooks File Doctor
Download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to your PC and scan the file where you are facing issues. QuickBooks File Doctor automatically searches for the error and fixes the errors.
Way 2– installation all settings manually
The file name extensions – .Nd and .Tlg can be unknown to you but they are the part of QuickBooks files. Those documents incorporate the configuration and settings required to open QuickBooks in a multi-person environment.
While the .Nd and .Tlg files come to be corrupt because of some purpose, it may bring about QuickBooks 6123 error. A simple strategy to repair this trouble is to renaming these documents. There may be no harm in renaming these documents as it does no longer cause any data loss. In truth, while you use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to rescan, those files might be automatically created.
Right here are the steps to rename the .Nd and .Tlg files.
- Navigate to the folder having the company file.
- Within the subsequent step, you have to look for files with extension .Nd and .Tlg. Make certain these documents have the same names as your company documents, including:(company name _file).Qbw.Nd
(company name _file).Qbw.Tlg
- Now, right-click on the documents and select the Rename option
- To differentiate files, add “OLD” or any other word of your desire at the end of the file. Consider you have to upload the word to the extension and now not the document name.(company name _file).Qbw.Nd.OLD
(company name _file).Qbw.Tlg.OLD
- Open QuickBooks and sign in for your company file. If the error persists, jump to the next way.
Way 3 – Set right Folder Permissions
QuickBooks can throw error 6123 in case you don’t have the necessary permissions to the folder in which the company file is located. If so, setting proper folder permissions ought to clear up the error. Right here are the steps to set right folder permissions:
- Proper-click the folder wherein the company file is located and choose properties.
- In the properties window, choose the security tab and then choose advanced
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX and then click on Edit button
- Make certain the following settings are set to Allowed:
Traverse Folder/Execute file
List Folder/Read data
Read extended Attributes
Create documents/Write data
Create Folders/Append Data
Write extended Attributes
In case you see the folder settings aren’t set to “Allowed”, you need to make changes to the folder permissions by following the steps given beneath:
- Press home windows key and E simultaneously at the keyboard to open File Explorer
- Navigate to the folder in which the company file is located.
- Right-click on the folder and choose properties
- Inside the properties window, go to security option and select everyone
- If everyone is not listed, you need to add it
- Click on the add and type everyone within the field
- Click OK
- Choose full control
- Click on Apply and then Click OK to close the window
Be aware: You want to change folder permissions to all folders given within the list under. There’s a possibility that some folders’ names might not be in your QuickBooks set up. That is due to the fact different versions of QuickBooks desktop can also have different folders. One thing you should remember is to change folder permissions if they exist for your system.
After you’ve changed the folder permissions, open QuickBooks and sign in to your company file. If the error stays unresolved, jump to another solution.
Way 4 – Move company file
If the path of the folder in which your company file is located is too long or complex, the software might have inconvenience in accessing it. An easy option for this issue is moving the company file to a new location. You could try copying the file to the desktop and see if it resolves the issue. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Navigate to the folder where your company document is located
- Search for documents that have the same file name as your company name but with QBW extension.
- Right-click on the file and click on copy
- Move to desktop. Right-click at the desktop and click on Paste
- Hold the Ctrl key and open QuickBooks. This may take you to No company Open window
- Choose Open and navigate to the Desktop
- Select the company file which you had copied to Desktop
If the error is fixed, you can finish that there has been a hassle with the folder where the company file is placed. To avoid this error, save QuickBooks files to a folder on the Desktop.
In order, if your issue is not solved by using the above methods of solving the error you need to find a QuickBooks pro advisor. A proadvisor will help you in fixing the error with the exact solution of the error you are facing and it will be more time-saving.