Are you distressful with QuickBooks Error 6123, 0? once gap a corporation file or whereas upgrading a corporation file into QuickBooks desktop. This error can even occur after you attempt to restart a backup. attributable to this downside a QuickBooks user couldn’t ready to restore the backup.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123, 0?
According to get the picture QuickBooks error code 6123 0 “Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost” happens after you open a company file over a network in multi-user environments otherwise you are upgrading a company file to a more modern version of QuickBooks.
You may see the subsequent error message on your desktop screen once the utilization of a company file report over a network.
“QuickBooks Error -6123, 0: Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost”
Error code 6123, 0 may well be difficult error for you to resolve. thus we have a tendency to suggest you disable your antivirus programs and different security software before getting to the any resolution strategies.
QuickBooks error 6123 0 is caused due to:
- Restoring a company file from a secondary storage device.
- Disrupted network association from the host server.
- Damaged QuickBooks Company File.
- Firewall settings interrupting QuickBooks to open the company
- Any Antivirus service is put in on the pc. It interferes with QuickBooks Desktop Services.
- Damaged Windows.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 is happening?
- A corrupt network connection with the host pc.
- The firewall software system is obstructing a port necessary to communicate with the server hosting the company file.
- Damage QBW files.
- QuickBooks information or program files get corrupt.
- Multiple instances of QuickBooks database service are running.
- The McAfee Privacy Service is installed with the Block internet Bugs filter option assigned.
- Maybe the company file is open in an exceedingly new version of QuickBooks.
- Maybe you’re restoring a backup from a removable device.
- QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0?
Step 1: Remove special characters from the file name
Make sure your company file name:
- Is 30 characters or less
- Doesn’t have any special characters or spaces
Step 2:Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tools Hub helps fix common errors. Important: QuickBooks needs to be closed to use the tool hub.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub file. Save the file somewhere you can easily find it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install finishes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tools hub.
Step 3: Run QuickFix my Program
- In the QuickBooks Tools Hub, select Program Problems.
- Select QuickFix for my Program. It will take about a minute to run. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed, it can take longer. Wait until the progress bar is done.
- When QuickFix my Program is finished, open QuickBooks and verify your issue is fixed.
If you still see Error -6123, 0, move on to Step 4.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download, Install and run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Browse your QuickBooks company file
- Choose to Check your file and network
- Click Continue
- Enter your Admin Password and click Continue
- It may take some time to troubleshoot your company file
- Then it may ask you where your company file is stored choose the option according to your file location (Server or Workstation) and then click Next
- When repair is completed select QuickBooks company file from the given list
- Now click Open QuickBooks
- If your file is still unable to open. Reboot your computer and then try to open QuickBooks desktop.
If none of the solutions work in rectifying the technical error code 6123, 0, don’t be restless. you mostly have the choice to call a certified professional, who will fix your error in a very minute’s notice. you’ll be able to reach the consultants by dialing our QuickBooks Helpdesk number +1800-986-6570, provide them the error-details and see QuickBooks error 6123, 0 getting rectified.