QuickBooks Error 12157 comes underneath the 12000 error code series that results because of web property problems within the Windows OS with Microsoft Win32 web or conjointly known as WinInet API. This API is employed by QuickBooks so as to fleetly access web Protocols like FTP, HTTP, and Gopher. The QuickBooks Error 12157 typically happens once either downloading or putting in updates with the software.
These error stop updates to urge integrated with the software package which might cause serious problems within the future as these updates usually incorporate fixes for the bugs according to for this version in conjunction with some powerful options that enhances the expertise of the software package.
Main Causes Behind QuickBooks Error Code 12157
In the middle of the QuickBooks update method, you will see an error message suddenly flashing on your screen that obstructs the update method. This error message arises because of the below-listed reasons-
- Unfavorable internet Settings: certain web settings or security application settings might interfere with and update and cause error 12157 in QuickBooks.
- Multiple QB Version on an equivalent Computer: Multiple versions of the QuickBooks on an equivalent device and of an equivalent year will trigger update error in QuickBooks. For instance: QB Desktop professional 2016 and QB Desktop on an equivalent device.
- Restrictive Settings of Firewall: typically, Firewall or different security applications will interrupt Associate in Nursing update method because of the safety reasons.
What Happen When This Error Shows Up?
- An update method within the QuickBooks Desktop gets interrupted as presently the error code seems,
- Look of this QuickBooks error message code with each unsuccessful try,
- Loss of crucial accounting time.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 12157
Solution 1: Advanced Settings
Some easy steps to resolve QuickBooks error 12157 QuickBooks.
- Exit QuickBooks and then visit Internet Explorer.
- After opening proceeds to Tools tab in Menu Bar and then go to Internet options.
- Now choose the Advanced Tab.
- Choose Restore Advanced Settings tab and exit the Window.
Solution 2: Firewall / Third-Party Application Configuration:
The settings of Firewall and other third-party security applications at times restrict QuickBooks to update the software and payroll as well. It should allow incoming and outgoing access through 10172 ports. The files that will require Internet access are as follows:
Solution 3: Restore your computer system
- First of all, click on the start of your computer option.
- And then, log in as an administrator.
- Followed by pressing start to catch and then clicking on all applications, accessories, computer tools, and later on hit the system repair option.
- Once done with that, the user is supposed to open a new window and then click on Reinstall my PC option, followed by hitting Next.
- Now the user is required to click a restore point and after that hit Next, along with that select the advanced system to restore the point.
- The next step in the process is to hit next, on the confirmation window.
- And the last step is to reboot the system.
For more troubleshooting for QuickBooks Error Code 12157 user can visit us on the internet and connect with QuickBooks Helpdesk through email or live chat. Users can also opt for a quick rectification through our QB Helpdesk Number i.e. +1(855)548-3394.