Intuit yearly resigns a version of QuickBooks Desktop. This year, items affected will incorporate QuickBooks Pro 2017, QuickBooks Premier 2017, QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2017 and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions v. 17.
After May 31, access to add-on services will be discontinued for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2017. In the event that you don’t utilize any of the extra services in QuickBooks Desktop 2017, your item will keep on working for you. In any case, you will not be ready to subscribe to live technical support or any of the other Intuit services that can be coordinated with QuickBooks Desktop. In the event that you are utilizing QuickBooks 2017, at that point you won’t be ready to utilize certain services and features after May 31, 2020. We should perceive what the effect will be on your business.
Intuit guarantees to give you an early notification by means of mail, email, in-item warnings, and this site. We enthusiastically suggest that you watch out for all the items which are getting discontinued and the more up to date versions which are accessible.
For details beyond what I provide here see this Intuit support document on Intuit’s disco (discontinuation) policy.
What this means is that for the QuickBooks 2017 desktop products:
- QuickBooks 2017 will keep on working after this date, for essential accounting capacities.
- Any service that depends on an Intuit server, (for example, desktop payroll, online banking, and so on.) will never again be practical in this discharge.
- Live technical support for this item will not, at this point be accessible from Intuit.
- Intuit will not ensure that you can enlist items or recover keycodes (in spite of the fact that, all in all I find this hasn’t been an issue, for in any event a couple of years following stopping).
- Intuit will not give substitution CDs or manuals, in spite of the fact that you can download more seasoned items.
- There will be no further updates to the program.
Services Discontinued for QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise 2017
- Assisted Payroll
- Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll
- Workers’ Comp Payment Service
- QuickBooks Workforce (formerly ViewMyPaycheck)
Credit Card Processing
- Merchant Services
- Merchant Service Deposit (reconciliation)
- Recurring Payments
- Check Solution
- Accountant Copy Transfer Service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
System requirements for QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solutions 20.0
- Windows 10, all editions containing 64-bit, natively installed1
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows: Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2011, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 (update 1) or Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only), natively installed.
- Linux: When using QBES Database Server-only installation – OpenSuse 42.3, Fedora 27, Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
What Should You Do?
In the event that you are utilizing QuickBooks, the standard answer is, “This is the ideal opportunity to update.”
There are four regions of concern while redesigning:
What features have changed? Intuit is including less new features each year, and moving from 2017 to 2020 won’t be as awful a change as has happened in some earlier years. These articles can give you some thought of what’s in store:
- QuickBooks 2018 new features
- QuickBooks 2019 new features
- QuickBooks 2020 new features
Have system requirements changed?
This may be an issue for certain individuals, yet in all probability not. QuickBooks 2020 isn’t supported on the entirety of the working systems that QuickBooks 2017 dealt with, for example, Windows Server 2008. In the event that you are as yet utilizing Adobe Acrobat Reader versions more seasoned than 9.0 you will need to redesign that utility (it’s free, so no explanation not to). I don’t see a great deal of issues in such manner, this year. See this system requirements page for subtleties.
Converting your QuickBooks organization file
. Updating of your QuickBooks information ought to be generally effortless going from QB 2017 to 2020, in spite of the fact that there can once in a while be issues. Before you introduce the redesign, ensure you have a decent reinforcement of your organization file. You ought to do a confirm of the database before conversion, to check whether there are any glitches. In the event that there are, they can meddle with the conversion. We suggest that you work with an educated advisor in playing out your redesign so you don’t lose whenever in working out the subtleties. Nonetheless, basically all you should do is to introduce the new program and open your old file with that new program. QuickBooks 2020 will deal with the conversion automatically.
In any case – remember that your essential QuickBooks 2017 item will keep on working for your fundamental business needs as long as you aren’t depending on the services I recorded.
Why are older versions discontinued in the first place?
More established versions are discontinued as Intuit is focused on making QuickBooks better and simple to-utilize. They are focused on giving simple and clear financial tools that can enable their customers to develop their businesses effectively and be ready to utilize the software with no issues. Subsequently, so as to adjust the two significant goals of advancement, support, and technology the nightfall arrangement must be actualized.
Is it important to update to the present version?
No. The discontinuance of services doesn’t constrain a client to move up to a more current version. Customers can keep on utilizing a more established version on the off chance that they are happy with its exhibition and don’t require any online support or extra services.
Get QuickBooks Tech Support For Upgrading
We enthusiastically suggest that you update your QuickBooks Desktop software be it star, premier or enterprise to the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 at the earliest opportunity on the off chance that you need to continue utilizing your QB. You can connect with us to get more data about the stopping strategy by calling us on QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1855-548-3394