One of the widely used printing machines, Epson Printers are known for producing top-notch print quality. In addition, features like durability and innovative design are some of the USPs of this printer. However, issues like Epson error code 0xEA, Epson Printer not printing black, etc. often hinders the productivity at work. While several reasons can lead to such issues, you can follow some simple troubleshooting methods to get rid of them. Read on to explore them and understand why these Epson Printer issues even occur.
Why Epson Printer Issues Occur? An Understanding!
Before we discuss how to resolve some of the most common issues of Epson Printers, it is important that you identify the reason behind the issues. One of the most common reasons behind Epson printer error message is technical glitch in the printer. A technical glitch might occur due to issues like paper jamming or link levels in the ink cartridge. Another reason for the occurrence of most of the Epson Printer issues is presence of dust in the printhead.
In most of the cases, a quick restart of the printer resolves the issue; however, if the issue doesn’t get resolved by a restart, you must look for the actual reason that causes the issue. This will help you resolve the issue both quickly and effectively.
How To Resolve Epson Printer Issues Quickly?
Now that you have read why some of the most common Epson Printer issues occur, follow the below-mentioned methods to resolve the issues in no time:
- Restart the printer. Press the power button and ensure that the power LED is not lit.
- Disconnect the power adapter from the electrical socket and after two minutes, reconnect the power adapter. Turn on the printer.
- Remove the printer access door and wait for the carrier to move to the center. Once the printer ink cartridge comes to an accessible position, remove it from the printer and check for the required ink levels. If ink levels are not sufficient, replace the cartridge immediately.
- Check for any jammed paper (s) inside the printer. Remove the printer access door and locate the jammed paper. Grab the paper using both your hands then gently pull them. Ensure that no paper traces are left inside the printer.
- If you see that the Epson printer not printing black ink, try using a genuine ink cartridge instead of a generic one. If the issue persists, ensure that the printer settings are correct.
- Ensure that your printer is set to default. For this, go to the control panel on your computer. Next, click on “Printers and Scanners” followed by a right-click on your printer name. Lastly, select the appropriate option to set your Epson Printer as the default printer.
Just like other printers, Epson Printers also encounter some issues which can easily be fixed by the troubleshooting methods we have discussed here. However, before you start with the troubleshooting part, ensure that you have identified the reason behind an issue. Once you identify, follow the mentioned troubleshooting steps the exact way to ensure smooth and continued services from the printer.