PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL AND CAREER GROWTH
Project management professional certification
PMP certification is mandatory for the Project managers owing to the fact that it adds relevant skills and knowledge to their profiles and thus they are able to enjoy optimum recognition at their workplace. Project management professional certification allows professionals the scope to expand their knowledge and skillset that allows them a great chance to be a part of new opportunities and possibilities related to work.
The exposure that the candidates gain after doing the project management professional certification adds value to their career and the scope for growth increases.
The Project management professional (PMP) certification is governed by the Project management institute (PMI) which specifies the guidelines that one needs to follow in order to take the Project management professional certification. There are certain prerequisites that are needed by the interested candidates if they wish to take the Project management professional certification. The prerequisites required are as follows:
- A candidate needs to have 35 professional development units (PDUs) in order to take the Project management professional certification exam.
- Apart from the 35 professional development units, the candidates need to have 5 years or 60 months of experience in project management.
- 7500 hours of experience as a leader or the director of a project is another prerequisite that interested candidates need to have.
These prerequisites are for those who carry senior secondary education qualification or any other globally accepted equivalent. On the contrary, if you have a bachelor degree or any other globally accepted equivalent then you need to satisfy the below-mentioned requirements:
- A total of 35 professional development units (PDUs) are compulsory for the project management professional (PMP) examination.
- Apart from the 35 professional development units, the candidates need to have three years or 36 months of experience in project management.
- 4500 hours of experience as a leader or the director of a project is another prerequisite that interested candidates need to have.
These are the basic requirements and once you have it you can go for the project management professional examination. The examination format of the project management professional certification are as follows:
- The examination consists of a total of 200 multiple choice questions that a candidate has to answer.
- The total time given to attempt the Project management professional (PMP) examination is four hours.
The Project management professional certification exam consists of diverse questions that are from the categories mentioned below:
- Formula based questions
- Situational based questions
- Knowledge-based PMP exam questions
- The interpretational questions
- The specific techniques questions
- The PMBOK guide knowledge questions.
Put your Project management career at high gear with the PMP certification. The following professionals must take the course if they would like to go for career advancement.
The project management professional certification can be taken by the project managers, associate project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, project team members looking for PMP certification.
Once you obtain the project management professional certification, you need to go for a renewal process to maintain the project management professional certification. It is mandatory to renew the PMP certification every three years in a row.
You can take part in the PMP certification training programs that offer full coverage of the concepts and theories related to the Project management field. The training sessions are a great way to comprehend the project management methodologies that are necessary for Project management. Apart from this, the PMP certificate training also allows professionals the scope to learn from industry experts who are highly skilled and qualified to deliver top-notch PMP online certification training.