Scalp Micropigmentation is the process that gives the illusion of a fuller head by employing the technique of color layering. The procedure creates a replica of the hair follicle that emanates natural-looking depth and definition. These fictitious follicles must blend in seamlessly with your complexion to make the surgery worth it. Many SMP hair tattoo parlors render scalp tattoo services at budget prices. Therefore, you can look for the best SMP hairline practitioner in your area and immediately schedule an appointment to retain your receding hairline.
Essential Precautions for Patients
Patients undergoing SMP must take necessary precautions and expose their vulnerable scalp to fewer elements in the surroundings. Post the treatment; it is vital for an individual to:
- Avoid swimming or entering in steam or sauna rooms for 28 days post the concluding treatment session. Scorched baths can cause a steam storm, which can reverse the effects of the surgery.
- Patients must keep out of the sun for at least a month post-treatment. After that, you can rub SPF 30-50 sunscreen on your scalp to prevent side-effects.
- It would be best if you evaded heavy exercising or lifting for the subsequent week.
- Regularly moisturize the treated area after the fourth day of your final treatment session. You can follow this recommendation between intermittent sessions to prevent dryness or aridity.
- Keep in mind that less sun exposure results in prolonged long-term retention.
- If you have very fair skin, you can expose your skin to the skin on the fifth day post your final session for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Individuals with a darker tone can develop keloids and are not suitable candidates for the procedure in the first place.
Patients must be cautious of their surroundings and understand the nuances of the process before it commences. It would help if you communicated with your practitioner expertly to make him understand your anticipations from the procedure.
Cost of SMP and Retention Period
The price varies based on the extent of the area that needs to be covered. However, practitioners have conceded that each treatment session price ranges between $400 and $1000. The procedure is deemed semi-permanent, although the effects can last up to eight years. The treated area will naturally exfoliate itself, and the results will fade over time.
While the color of the pigment may lighten, it will alter only when an incorrect pigment is applied. The promptness in fading can depend on your skin type. If you have dehydrated skin, fading is likely to occur more quickly than in other cases. As the skin flakes swiftly due to dryness, it can inadvertently exfoliate the pigment rapidly.
Risks Involved in the Process
You cannot necessarily compare scalp micropigmentation parlors to tattoo studios. The tattoo ink penetrates the skin on a much deeper level than SMP. However, the procedure entails similar risks and can cause discomfort among individuals. There can be people who are infectious to tattoo inks or specific components in the pigment activate allergies.
Individuals must note that no formal training is required to become an SMP artist. Therefore, you must undertake due diligence before you settle on an SMP hairline practitioner. Gaining an edge over receding hairline is crucial, but you cannot let your heart decide on any SMP artist.
A high-quality SMP treatment center should have a bloodborne pathogen certification with a clean environment and sterile sink. The needles should be packaged, and the cover must be unwrapped before the individual. There must be some barrier protection such as nitrile gloves, masks, or barrier tapes during the treatment. A county health permit can be a validation to the center’s authentication.