The global postal automation systems market is projected to have a moderate-paced CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period. The current valuation of the postal automation systems market is US$ 854.33 Mn in 2023. The demand for postal automation systems is anticipated to reach a high of US$ 1649.44 Mn by the year 2033.
Postal sector sorting and delivery procedures must be automated due to the rising popularity of automated solutions in many different end-user industries and the advent of game-changing technologies like industry 4.0 and digitization. The rising cost of labor due to a lack of available workers is also projected to fuel the postal equipment systems sector.
In addition, Industry 4.0 practices along with various technologies such as RFID, Barcode Readers, Scanners, etc. are projected to evolve smart, connected, and efficient automated postal operations, which in turn should expand the postal automation systems market significantly.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report @
Due to the explosion of online shopping, there has been a corresponding increase in the number of packages sent. For instance, Shopify predicts that in 2019, e-commerce sales are expected to account for 13.7% of global retail sales, with 1.92 billion global digital buyers. As a result, the demand for automated solutions in the postal sector is anticipated to propel the growth of the e-commerce logistics sector even further. As a result, a lot more progress should be made toward postal equipment systems in the coming years.
However, one of the primary issues limiting demand for postal automation systems is the increasing prevalence of the internet and the usage of smart devices, which has led to a decrease in the volume of traditional mail such as letters and mail. In addition, the sales of postal automation systems are being held back by the high expenses of entry and upkeep.
- In 2021, the parcel sorter market sector accounted for almost 30% of total sales.
- Over the projected time frame, the CFC is anticipated to grow at a robust CAGR of over 7%.
- In 2021, hardware accounted for over 66% of total income. This was mostly due to improvements in processing power, sensor accuracy, identification accuracy, and scanner accuracy, as well as the need for new systems to augment the aging infrastructure.
- Over the forecast period, the commercial postal services subsegment is projected to grow at the fastest rate (about 10% CAGR).
- Over the forecast period, the services sector is expected to expand at a robust CAGR of around 8%. The expansion is due to the rising need for a variety of services, such as international and domestic mail registration, transport tracking, mail item sorting, customs control area processing, document generation for international and domestic mail, information delivery for a tracking site, monitoring of mail items, and a report on the activities of sorting centers.
Get Market Alerts @
Various technological developments in the postal industry are leading to a trend toward market fragmentation in the global postal automation systems market. Since the postal equipment systems market is always changing; companies are always coming up with new ways to increase their postal equipment systems market share. Many of these companies see innovation and growth to get ahead of the competition.
TMEIC Corporation Americas is pleased to announce that it has acquired the Ports and Terminals Division from Orbita Ingeniera, S.L. This acquisition is likely to allow TMEIC to offer its new and existing customers in the ports and depots access to superior and tried-and-true OCR competencies, as well as a wider range of mechanization options. The current Ports and Terminals Division will be able to afford growth and development opportunities thanks to TMEIC’s financial backing, operational support, and market impact.
In October 2019, Siemens Logistics has proposed a suite of innovative software solutions designed to streamline airport and airline operations. This is Service 4.0—predictive maintenance for baggage treatment systems. To improve system dependability and cut down on unscheduled outages, predictions are made using aggregated data, and preventative measures are put into place.
Key Segments in the Postal Automation Systems Market
- Culler Facer Canceller
- Letter Sorter
- Flat Sorter
- Mixed Mail Sorter
- Parcel Sorter
- Commercial Postal
- Government Postal
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific