Ponceau 4R Colors Market Top Manufactures, Regional Pricing Analysis with Volume Forecast by 2032
The global ponceau 4R food colors market is set to witness growth at a CAGR of 2.7% and top a market valuation of US$ 8.2 Mn by 2032. Currently, the market stands at US$ 6.1 Mn by value. Ponceau 4R is a strawberry red azo dye which is used in a variety of food and beverage products.
FMI study indicates that synthetic food colors will account for nearly US$ 1.06 Bn of sales in the global market by the end of 2032. Out of this, the ponceau 4R colors market will have a market share of 0.9% by 2032. By volume, the market had a consumption of 1300 metric tonnes globally in 2021.
For more Insights Get Report Sample@
The global azo dyes market of which the ponceau 4R colors are a part, is influenced by growing demand for innovative, unique-looking food dishes, and changing taste and food preferences. This trend has been complemented further due to the increasing use of photo-sharing social media worldwide.
The synthetic food colors market is for the masses and is widely used by the food processing industry across the world, unlike natural food colors which is a niche market. Ponceau 4R, also called new coccine, cochineal red A, and brilliant scarlet 4R is a synthetic black diazo that is highly effective and easily imparts intense uniform color in food and beverage products at a faster pace.
The global ponceau 4R food colors market is dominated by the Indo-China region and Brazil. An increase in consumer discretionary income in regions such as the Middle East, South America, Asia Pacific, and Africa has made it easier for customers to consume more ready-to-eat processed food products augmenting the demand for ponceau 4R.
Ponceau 4R is banned in the U.S. while the European acceptable daily intake (ADI) is 0.7 mg/kg. Such regulations across developed countries and potential side effects remain a key restraint to the ponceau 4R colors market.
“Companies producing ponceau 4R would gain significantly by targeting the confectionery and baked foods sectors. Establishing strategic alliances with global candy, confectioneries, savory snacks, viennoiseries, and bakery food brands would immensely help these artificial food colorant brands,” says an FMI analyst.
Get Solution to your Queries@
- The Asia-Pacific Ponceau 4R market exhibited sales of 342 metric tons by volume in 2021 and is expected to grow at 2.37% CAGR, one of the highest among regions, between 2022 and 2032.
- In Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India profiled as the EMEAI region, the demand for Ponceau 4R food colors is expected to grow at 1.8% CAGR between 2022 and 2032, while the Indian Subcontinent is poised to have a revenue of USD 450,000 by 2032.
- The North America ponceau 4R food colors market is upheld only by Canada and Mexico as the food colorant is banned in the U.S. The North America market totaled US$ 371,200 in 2021.
- By application, the candy and confectionery industry holds the highest market share of roughly 22%.
- The meat and poultry industry’s consumption of ponceau 4R was US$ 237,000 in 2021.
Use promo code ->> FMITODAY to get flat 30% discount
Ponceau 4R food color manufacturers are investing in research and development to reduce side effects, minimize barriers to entry by convincing regulators in the market, while simultaneously making the product more appealing to consumers. Besides this, they are focusing on better supply channels using the latest software technology as China and the East is major suppliers for reactive, disperse, and many other azo dyes like Ponceau 4R