According to a new Future Market Insights study on the global sales scenario for Point of Care Cholesterol Monitoring Devices, revenue growth will be just under 2.6% year on year, with the market expected to reach US$ 428.8 Mn in 2021.
To remain ahead of your competitors, request for a sample@
|Data Points||Market Insights|
|Market Value 2022||USD 440.6 Mn|
|Market Value 2028||USD 514.7 Bn|
|Key Players||The key players are F. Hoffmann-La, Roche Ltd., Abbott Laboratories, Abaxis, Inc. (Sub of Zoetis Inc.), DiaSys Diagnostic Systems GmbH, ACON Laboratories, PTS Diagnostics, Bioptik Technology, Inc., SD, Biosensor, Inc., Jant Pharmacal Corporation, Inc., Nova Biomedical Corporation., Beckman Coulter Inc. (Sub of Danaher Corporation) and SAMSUNG HEALTH CARE, Inc.|
|Share of Top 5 Countries||54.5%|
SD Biosensor Inc.’s SD LipidoCare System was recently approved by the FDA. However, the majority of medical device manufacturers continue to face new product launch challenges as a set of recently designed regulatory policies target the lack of standardisation across their device portfolios. Local medical device manufacturers are exclusively hampered by regulatory-related issues.
More importantly, the inaccuracy of results provided by point-of-care cholesterol monitoring devices remains, making the entire procedure less reliable and riskier. This remains a major concern impeding revenue growth in the point of care cholesterol monitoring device market.
The rising prevalence of CVD and the increasing number of high-cholesterol cases are fueling global demand for point-of-care cholesterol monitoring devices. Although a growing patient population keeps point of care cholesterol monitoring device consumption at a reasonable level, high per test costs and tightening regulatory norms regarding medical device launch continue to limit adoption.
Global Point of Care Cholesterol Monitoring Device Market Taxonomy: By Product Type, Technology Type, Application Type, End User, and Region
- According to the product type analysis of point of care cholesterol monitoring device market presented in the report, testing kits are currently more popular but instruments, especially computerized, are gradually gaining ground among end users and thus end use segments.
- The technology type analysis of point of care cholesterol monitoring device market reveals that both the key technologies, i.e. electrochemical biosensor and reflectance photometry currently hold an almost equal share of the market revenue. The overall growth is however sluggish.
- Based on the application type analysis, the point of care cholesterol monitoring device market is likely to witness maximum demand for atherosclerosis patients, whereas sales of point of care cholesterol monitoring devices in the hypercholesterolemia segment is also considerable.
- End user analysis offered in the point of care cholesterol monitoring device market report uncovers considerable product consumption by diagnostic centers, diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, and ambulatory surgical centers. Lucrative adoption prospects for point of care cholesterol monitoring devices have been indicated in home care settings.
- While more than 1/3rd of the global market revenue belongs to North America, Western Europe and APECJ remain the next two key markets for point of care cholesterol monitoring devices. The report forecasts attractive product innovation and penetration opportunities arising in MEA and Latin America for manufacturers.
Get a Tailored Made Report to Match Your requirements, Ask from Market Research Expert@
A Growing Self-testing Trend Boosts Point of Care Cholesterol Monitoring Device Demand in Home Care Settings
The point of care cholesterol monitoring device market is currently witnessing a rapid consumer shift to self-testing at home. While home testing of cholesterol level is highly convenient, it also offers the result in a matter of a few minutes. Patients are increasingly aware about the significance of early risk detection that further helps prevention of complications related to the level of cholesterol and thereby heart conditions.
The demand for point of care cholesterol monitoring devices in home care settings is thus witnessing a gradual surge in recent years, and the FMI study points to a higher yearly growth in the revenue of devices designed for home testing.
Key Manufacturing Trends Spotted in Point of Care Cholesterol Monitoring Device Market
- Advanced technology integration
- Devices with a portability feature
- Convenient applicability for home testing
Besides these prominent trends, leading industry manufacturers are investing in strategic acquisitions for a broader approach to the businesses opportunities in global landscape. Moreover, companies are concentrating on product innovation and value chain expansion with an intent to achieve enhanced market positions.
- Abbott’s acquisition of Alere Inc. has been helping the former securing a leading position in the point of care testing space, as the company through this deal expanded its global diagnostics portfolio.
- The recent M&A deal between Abaxis Inc. and Zoetis intends to broaden the manufacturing and marketing scope of point of care veterinary diagnostic instruments.
- ACON Laboratories, Inc. targets the international customer base with the recently released Mission Lipid Data Management Software.
Point-of-care Cholesterol Monitoring Device Market by Category
- Table-top Analyzers
- Hand-held Analyzers
- Testing Kits
- Electrochemical Biosensor
- Reflectance Photometry
By End User
- Diagnostics centers & Laboratory
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Home care sittings