“Branding” is a commonly used term in entrepreneurship, more so in the marketing department. However, it is not a loosely used term because it contributes greatly to your company’s success as a whole. Companies evaluate marketing strategies from time to time and analyze what would attract people the most to their products. Now, business brands are important, but so are personal brands.
Personal branding is the development of your online persona for your target audience. The process of personal branding involves the intricate and careful communication of your goals, beliefs, and values as a company. This helps customers understand what you are selling and what your company is essentially about.
For example, you might not necessarily know who Elon Musk is, but because of the Tesla name and brand, you have most definitely heard or come across the brand that is Elon Musk. He has put innovation and creativity into developing the Tesla name, making it a popular brand in the U.S. Just from that, you can tell how important personal branding is for an outstanding public persona online.
How to Build a Personal Brand
A personal brand is birthed the minute you start to share content on the internet, and it grows without your consent. It reflects your thoughts and opinions, and you already start to come across in a certain way to people. However, gaining control of your personal brand puts you in a privileged position because you are able to present yourself in the best way possible to meet goals that you have set for the company in terms of who you want to attract.
Since your personal and business brands show how you communicate, you want to communicate with your audience as best as you can. There are practices that go hand in hand with having a well-crafted personal brand:
- Tapping into your personality to see how your personal traits can help share your knowledge. Keep in mind the things that people have mentioned that they like about you and what stands out, and use them to your advantage.
- To be as original as possible, embrace both your strengths and weaknesses. They will set you apart by making you come across as human and relatable.
- Be present on an online platform such as a website to help you share your digital products and blog posts that would appear interesting to your target audience.
Use of Reputation Management for Personal Branding
You are what your image portrays you to be. Reputation management basically refers to the influence made on what people think or see when viewing your profile online. Status Labs is a company that has committed itself to public relations campaigns and online reputation management for various companies and individuals.
With Status Labs, reputation management for personal branding has the following advantages:
- There is a one-on-one service that is provided for projects that require a personal audience. The team can travel to where you are and give their input.
- Negative news is often the most transmitted news, and having it on the first page of the search results is not pretty. Status Labs works hard to ensure that this news is pushed off of the first page. These results can only be changed when worked on.
Like negative news, there could be negative reviews as well. The team at Status Labs is able to put in place strategies that ensure that products are honestly reviewed by actual customers who enjoy the services provided by your company