Whenever we organize any event, be it private or corporate, one of the most essential services that we require is catering. These services provide you with cooked food, decoration, and sometimes even the event hall. If you want your event to go well, then it is crucial to hire the best catering services. If you are organizing your event for the first time or if you have had a bad or an unimpressive experience in the past from these services.
Tips that will help you hire the best Catering service:
- Sampling the food: When hiring caterers for your event, one of the most essential tasks is to taste their food sample. You need to meet the chef and see how and what all they can cook. Once you sample their food, ask them to make some changes in the recipe to see if they are flexible and can easily prepare the dish as per your requirement or not. Make sure the food cooked by them is delicious and as per the taste of your guests.
- Where will cooking happen: There are different practices used by different catering services when it comes to cooking. Some may precook the meal and bring it to your event destination, while others cook on the spot itself. This decision will have a great impact on food quality and taste. So, make sure that you clear this with them beforehand.
- Check References: Before hiring any caterer, you must ensure to check with a few previous customers with whom they had worked. This will help you gain some insights into how your caterer will actually turn out on the day of the event. They will give you minute details like what was that they like most about their catering services and what could have been done better. Also, ask them one thing that they would want to change about the caterer.
- Pictures from past events: When it comes to catering, presentation is equally important. You must ensure to see the pictures of their past events. It will give you an idea about their aesthetic sense and you will come to know how well can they present the food. You may also get some references for your own event and you can tell them about the things that you would want to repeat in your event.
- Types of services: Another important thing to find out about your caterers is the type of services they provide. Some only provide cooking and serving, while others may handle your entire event. Some may also do the decorations, tables, chairs and flowers and cake for your event. Getting a full-service caterer is always beneficial, as you don’t have to deal with ten other vendors for the event.
- Staff behavior: Catering is a field of hospitality. So, it is the responsibility of the staff to ensure that your guests stay happy and leave satisfied with the event. The staff of any caterer should be extremely well behaved. To find out about their behavior, you must ensure to meet the staff in person. You should ask them about their qualifications, give them some simple tasks, and see how they behave. One bad staff member can ruin your entire event’s atmosphere, thus it is essential to do a detailed interview with them.
These are a few of the things that you must ensure to check out before hiring any catering services. Ensure that you start looking for these services at least two months before the event. It will provide you with ample time to find the gem you have been looking for your event.