Online solitaire is one of the most popular varieties of card games that can be enjoyed alone or in pairs. It is a great pastime and is one of the most popular ways of entertainment for people all over the world. The name itself literally translates as “patience”.
This genre most likely originated in Germany or Scandinavia. The first mention of the game goes back to the end of the eighteenth century. It then slowly spread throughout the rest of Europe. In the late 19th century, a version called “Klondike” became popular with prospectors in North America. “Klondike” was named after the Western Canadian region and its famous gold rush.
In 1990, Microsoft introduced solitaire games to personal computers. Over time, they have become available on devices ranging from desktop computers to phones and tablets. They were originally integrated into the operating system as a fun and easy way to teach users how to use a computer mouse (a skill that only replaced keyboard commands at the time). The game has maintained its appeal over the past 29 years. In May 2019, solitaire was inducted into the World Video Game Hall of Fame.
The main goal
As a rule, it consists in manipulating the layout of cards in order to sort them in some way. The main idea behind this card puzzle is to deal cards from a shuffled deck to a predefined spot on the table, where the player then attempts to reorganize the deck by suit and position by making a sequence of actions that transfer cards from one area to another within predetermined boundaries. You can play competitively and cooperatively.
Today you can play solitaire online without registration and for free, compete with other participants in 2-player solitaire, set your own records for passing, and share your impressions of the process in the comments.
Everything that a person does, repeating constantly, trains his brain in a certain way. The words that he constantly uses in life also develop and improve his brain activity. As it turned out, solitaire games also affect the human brain in the same way.
The game is used not as an analogy for certain decision-making processes, but as a real tool that helps to make better decisions by acquiring a few specific skills.
- Keep your brain busy (stimulates brain activity), as you constantly have to deal with cards, and numbers and apply various strategies. This is the perfect time to unwind right after a hard day at work.
- Everyone in this world wants to spend some time alone, and that time should be spent away from everyone else.
- If you have a job that requires you to do many shifts where you have nothing to do and you must just stay at work in front of the computer, then you can keep yourself busy with this game to kill time and relax.
- Socialization. Often older people do not leave their homes due to mobility difficulties, which can develop social anxiety in them. To counter this and increase their social presence, older people can start playing this card puzzle.
- Teaches spatial thinking.
- An ideal introduction to algorithmics.
- Helps children notice patterns.
- Ideal for improving decision-making based on logical reasoning.
Today solitaire has become actively used by social networks for even greater involvement and retention of users. However, if you want to play Solitaire Social without Facebook just follow the link and play this fascinating game using your browser.
You can play different solitaire cards, but each type requires you to play them differently. But there are some tips that are the same for all varieties that you can use for any of the options:
- Be patient and really think through every step you take. This means that you must carefully plan your moves before you make them, and consider how they will affect your next two, three, or four moves.
- Don’t look at the clock. Time tracking makes the player fuss and makes bad decisions.
- Carefully study the conditions and rules for each of the game options. Once you are familiar with the rules, you will be ready to put all your knowledge into practice.
Popular Online Solitaire Games
There’s a lot to choose from when it comes to finding solitaire games. However, you should beware! Sometimes online solitaire games can be scams or infect your computer with malware, which you don’t want when you’re just trying to kick back and unwind. Luckily, we have two sites to share that are guaranteed to be safe for you and all your solitaire adventures.
Solitaire Bliss is a great site to use for all your classic solitaire needs. This site allows you to play solitaire the way it was designed, with all the original rules intact. But here’s the catch – you can arrange the cards such that a win is possible! You can’t do this with the regular, physical version of the game, so we recommend trying this site out if you’ve been down on your luck so far in that department.
If you’re bored of classic solitaire, you might like to try a twist on this classic card game. Spider Solitaire is similar to the original version of solitaire, except it’s done only with spade suits! This rendition is the easiest out of the different types of solitaire since it only uses one suit (two-suit and four-suit are the hardest ones). If the original version is too difficult, or you just want a change of pace, try out spider solitaire for a different experience that still has the same roots we all know and love.
Philologist with higher education, professional translator, former volunteer and teacher, entrepreneur, and salesperson with 13 years of experience. Now I’m a copywriter in Internet marketing, writing about everything that helps businesses grow and develop. In my free time, I create music and songs that no one hears and take photos and videos that no one sees.