NetSuite vs. QuickBooks: Biggest Differences, Top Alternatives
If you’re evaluating cloud-based accounting solutions, two of the most popular options are NetSuite and QuickBooks. While both platforms offer a variety of features to help manage finances and streamline operations, they differ in terms of capabilities, complexity and cost. To help you decide which solution is right for your business, let’s take a look at the biggest differences between NetSuite and QuickBooks.
NetSuite vs. QuickBooks: Biggest Differences
If you’re considering NetSuite vs. QuickBooks, the biggest differences come down to functionality and cost. NetSuite is a more comprehensive solution that offers a wider range of features, while QuickBooks is less robust but simpler to use and typically costs less.
- Functionality – NetSuite is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) platform, so it offers a wide range of features and tools designed to help businesses manage their finances, operations and customer relationships. It has capabilities for financial management, inventory control, order fulfillment and more. By comparison, QuickBooks is primarily an accounting solution with fewer features than NetSuite.
- Cost – NetSuite can be costlier than QuickBooks. It’s an enterprise-level platform that offers more features, so it typically costs more than QuickBooks. Prices depend on the size of your business and the services you need, but you can expect to pay several hundred dollars per month for NetSuite and a few hundred or less for QuickBooks.
If you’re not sure if NetSuite or QuickBooks is right for your business, there are other options to consider. Here are a few of the top alternatives:
- Xero – Xero is an accounting software that offers features similar to those found in QuickBooks and NetSuite. It’s designed to help businesses manage their finances, with features for invoicing, billing, payroll and more.
- FreshBooks – FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting solution that’s designed to help businesses track expenses and invoice customers quickly and easily.
- Sage Intacct – Sage Intacct is an ERP system similar to NetSuite. It offers a full suite of financial management, operations and customer relationship tools to help businesses run more efficiently.
- Zoho Books – Zoho Books is an all-in-one accounting solution that helps businesses track expenses, manage invoices and get insights into their finances with detailed reports.
Depending on your business needs, one of these solutions may be a better fit than NetSuite or QuickBooks. Before selecting an accounting system, consider your budget, features and how the platform will integrate with existing applications. This information can help you make the right choice for your business.
NetSuite vs. QuickBooks: Comparison
When it comes to cloud-based accounting solutions, NetSuite and QuickBooks are two of the most popular options. While they offer similar features, there are some key differences between them. NetSuite is a more comprehensive solution with a wider range of features and tools, but it’s typically costlier than QuickBooks. If you’re considering either platform, consider your budget, the features offered and how it will integrate with existing applications. This information can help you decide which solution is right for your business.
No matter which platform you choose, there are other options to consider as well. Xero, FreshBooks, Sage Intacct and Zoho Books are all great alternatives to NetSuite and QuickBooks. Evaluate each option carefully to ensure you select the right solution for your business. With the right accounting software, you can streamline operations, improve efficiency and get more visibility into your finances.