Many people have the desire to study in Canada. The main reason is that Canadian educational institutions use technical innovations, a multicultural and tolerant society, and immigration-friendly policies.
The highest number of international students planning to pursue their MS in Canada. A postgraduate study involving one to two years called a master’s (MS) is available in Canada as a professional or academic degree. For higher study in Canada, a master’s program is either a thesis- or course-based program. Some universities, though, provide a hybrid version of both two. To Study MS in Canada, postgraduate tuition costs on average range from INR 11 lakhs to INR 17 lakhs.
Why Study Masters in Canada?
Students are attracted to Study in Canada for a variety of reasons:
- Globally recognized education: International students who decide to study in Canada get the chance to interact with some of the best professors and educators in the world. It provides you with an internationally renowned education.
- World-class institutions: Canada, one of the first-world countries that offer overseas students the ability to pursue academic success, routinely ranks highly in the world for education. Canada is recognized for providing excellent instruction, from preschool to post-education.
- Affordable study opportunities: Canada is one of the nations known for providing a variety of courses for foreign students at a reasonable price in the best universities in Canada for higher studies. The cost of courses in Canada is generally lower than in the UK, the US, and Australia, especially for short-term courses.
- Available grants and scholarships: The government offers numerous scholarships for foreign students to study in Canada. Even though tuition is more expensive for international students, the financial burden on students is greatly reduced by current government subsidies.
- Multicultural environment: Because of the country’s diversity and the presence of many different ethnic groups and communities, Canada has a rich, varied culture that permeates the entire nation.
Best 5 Universities of Canada to Study Master’s (MS) in Canada
|University||QS World Rank 2021||Tuition Fee ( 1st Year)||Location|
|University of Toronto||25||14L-35L||27 King’s College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1, Canada.|
|University of British Columbia||45||6L-35L||Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, Canada|
|McGill University||31||10L-17L||845 Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, Quebec H3A 0G4, Canada|
|McMaster University||144||7L-28L||4350 S Service Rd, Burlington, ON L7L 4X5, Canada|
|University of Montreal||118||16L-18L||2900 Edouard Montpetit Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1J4, Canada|
Top Subjects to Pursue in Canada for MS
|Engineering/ Engineering Management|
|Medicine and Healthcare|
|Psychology and Human Resources|
|Agricultural Science and Forestry|
Process of Application
- Select your course
- Choose a school that is appropriate for your programme.
- Start by completing your application.
- Give your language proficiency test
- Gather all the documents and prerequisites
- Apply within the deadline
- Get your acceptance letter and apply for the visa
Eligibility criteria for studying MS in Canada
Depending on the stream and course you choose to study, each institute has different eligibility requirements, but the following are the most typical ones:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and at least 16 years of study are necessary. Some universities will accept a 15-year education history and a three-year bachelor’s degree.
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 overall
- A minimum GRE score of 260 is needed.
Duration and cost of studying MS in Canada
To Study in Canada, MS programmes typically last one to two years, and tuition costs typically vary from CAD 18,000 to CAD 45,000.
Due to the high standard of education in Canada, many foreign students choose to pursue further education there. Additionally, the MS degree they receive is based on research, a thesis, and practical experience in addition to being internationally recognised.