The Indian education system has seen tremendous growth, and thus the literacy rate has increased. Despite this, there is a massive gap in the education system for the lower and higher classes. To minimize this gap, the MCM or the merit cum means scholarship is released by various government and private originations.
The MCM makes education affordable for all the students, by waving off some percentage of the academic fee for students from families with lower annual income.
GIIS MCM scholarship
The Global Indian International School is known worldwide for its exceptional infrastructure, education curriculum, and experienced teachers. It also extends its support for equal education by offering the Mahatma Gandhi Merit cum means scholarship.
GIIS offers this scholarship in its various centres including Pune.
MCM scholarship GIIS Pune
In Pune, the MCM scholarship is aimed at both the existing parents, the new parents, and the student fraternity of GIIS.
For the GIIS Hadapsar Campus, the scholarship is for students from Nursery to Grade 8.
For the GIIS Balewadi Campus, the scholarship is for students from Nursery to Grade 10.
The Merit cum means scholarship for Pune is applicable for students of the CBSE and the GMP board from Nursery to 12 for two years. All the necessary details about the scholarship, including the eligibility criteria, application procedure are mentioned below:
Eligibility Criteria for MCM scholarship
To fill the form, the students must fulfil the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be an Indian Citizen.
- The students must have an above-average academic performance, i.e. min 60% or equivalent in the past two years.
- The family must submit income documents/ tax assessment (ITR duly acknowledged by IT dept.) for the past two years.
- If the students have local guardians, their gross family income will be considered for application processing.
- A self-declaration will be required for gross Family Income.
The scholarship acts as financial support to make education affordable for parents across the economic spectrum. However, based on family income, the scholarship value provided to the candidate also changes. The different types of MCM scholarship offered at GIIS Pune are:
- For family income below 8,00,000 per annum: The students are eligible for a scholarship the value, which is 20% off on Tuition fees.
- For family income below Rs 8,00,000 – Rs 10,00,000 per annum: The students are eligible for a scholarship value which is 15% off on Tuition fees
- For family income below Rs 10,00,000 – Rs 12,00,000 per annum: The students are eligible for a scholarship value which is 12% off on Tuition fees.
- For family income below Rs 12,00,000 – Rs 25,00,000 per annum: The students are eligible for a scholarship value which is 10% off on Tuition fees.
The above scholarship is primarily offered to support deserving students from moderate family income groups.
Application without the relevant documents will not be processed.
The students will be assessed based on their academic performance in the past two years, along with their family’s gross income.
How to apply for the MSM scholarship?
If you are keen on applying for the Mahatma Gandhi general Values Merit cum implies grant, follow the underneath steps:
Stage 1: Download the Application form from the website and fill in all the essential subtleties.
Stage 2: Upload all the essential documents like:
– Upload academic records for as far back as two years.
– Family income documents/ tax assessment (ITR duly acknowledged by IT dept.) for the past two years, including Father & Mother (If self-employed or working professional).
— In the case of local guardians, the gross family income of local guardians in India will be considered a base for processing the application.
– Self-Declaration structure for Gross Family Income.
Stage 3: Submit your application.
Stage 4: If your application is acknowledged, you will be notified through email in the following ten working days.
Stage 5: You need to give a grant appraisal test to handle your type.
Stage 6: One to one meeting with the MSM assessment board members.
Stage 7: Scholarship approval and disbursal.
If you too are dreaming of going to a school which will provide you with global exposure, the best pedagogy, and guidance to help pave your future path, then GIIS is all that you are looking for. With the Mahatma Gandhi merit cum means scholarship, you can now study GIIS without disturbing our family’s finances.
The details mentioned above will help you know all about the MSM scholarship, and if interested, you can apply for it right away. The scholarship will help shape your future while also providing you exposure to different avenues of life that open for you during school and after school. Yes, you coud be the lucky one!