To start a career in medical jobs is a great decision, as this is the field that is ever-growing and recession free. India is a developing nation and with immense potential to expand medical facilities and infrastructure, it holds great potential for new job roles. With massive economic changes and growing awareness of medical insurance and health related concerns most new commers have started to show their interest in this field. So, if you are the one looking for medical jobs in India, then you must ensure to choose the right path of acquiring knowledge about profession, medical licensing, soft skills and finally a job. should know the right pay, so that you may get to the field of choice.
Before we proceed further, let us first discuss what all positions and job roles are in high demand when it comes to medical jobs in India:
- Physicians and Surgeons
- MD Specialist
- General Physician
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Nurse Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurse
- Critical Care Nurse
- Nursing assistant
- Physician Assistants
- Home care aide
- Medical assistant
- Medical biller
- Medical secretary
- OT aide
- Psychiatric Aide.
- Medical assistant
- Medical secretary
- Patient Service Representative
- Health information technician
These are a few major positions in medical jobs which are in huge demand in India. With this we may understand that medical jobs have relevant position for all, who want to pursue their career in this field. So, let us now understand how to proceed further after education and get a great medical job:
- To attain a medical license in India majorly for doctors, the individual needs to have a graduation certificate of MBBS and should have a one-year internship certificate from a reputed or recognized hospital.
- If one is a foreign medical student, he or she must carry a passing certificate from foreign medical graduate examination which is conducted by NBE i.e. National Board of Examination. These candidates are allowed to practice in India in medical profession once they certify themselves as per Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- If doctors are already registered with any one state, then the medical council automatically gets included in the Documents of Indian Medical Register hence, he or she may start practicing medicine anywhere in India. This is by the virtue of Section 27 of the IMC Act, 1956,
- Finally, if the doctor is registered in various states medical councils across India till year 2015, then he can be checked in the official website of IMR (Indian Medical register) .
Soft Skills That are essential to get medical jobs in India:
- Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
- Stress Management
- Positive Attitude
- Time Managements
How to find medical jobs in India:
To start a medical job in India, one needs to have a relevant experience beyond education. Keeping that in mind medical students may take up a good internship in desired field of interest to explore the right medical opportunity and also to understand the practical work frame and severity of work.
The major ways to find a desired medical job in India are:
Networking:Networking can be the best way to find a medical job, as people who know your capabilities are more likely to hire you to work with them. What you must ensure here is your control on knowledge and your soft skills.
Internship:Once you get a chance to complete an internship with a reputed brand, there can be an opportunity that they might provide you with pre placement offer. This arrangement is another great way to start a career in known setting.
Campus Placements:Most medical hospitals have campus placement drives. These drives give an opportunity to students to show their potential and capabilities hence this is again of the best ways to find medical jobs in India.
Online Registration at Medical Forum:Once a medical practitioner holds his degree he may start registering for jobs at various medical forums, these forums advertise various job opportunities in medical sector. So, those who find these opportunities desirable make a great career from here.
Walk-ins:last but not the least most hospitals conduct a walk-in drive for profiles of assistants, nurses, technicians etc. so, this in this way too one may opt for the job.
Author’s Bio: Nikhil Mishra is a marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has worked as a journalist and copywriter in the past, and his passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.