Leather upholstery is a beautiful piece, but maintaining its attractiveness as it was when bought is not easy as it seems. Leather sofa cleaning is completely different than fabric sofa cleaning. One needs to be more gentle and careful while cleaning a leather couch.
Leather inclines to lose its shine and colour, which would deteriorate its appearance. So when it comes to leather upholstery, we recommend you invest in professional leather upholstery cleaning in Sydney. In order to deal with common problems like discolouration and fading, you can follow the below-given tips to restore colour, shine, and attractiveness of your leather couch.
In this blog, we will share some tips for leather upholstery cleaning in Sydney based on common causes of fading and discolouration.
Cleaning spillage from the leather upholstery is very easy. However, leather is a material that should not get wet or moist. So, if the stain is left uncleaned, it can get soaked in and become a permanent stain that cannot be removed later.
- To prevent stains, you should apply a protector on the leather sofa, which repels spillage from getting soaked.
- Even after precautions, if you see stain then follow these leather sofa cleaning steps:
- Take away the spillage if it is solid and soak up the area with paper towels. Absorption is crucial for liquid spillage too.
- Equally, take white vinegar and water and mix it well.
- Moist a clean white cloth into the solution you made of white vinegar and water.
- Dab the affected area with a moist cloth to remove the stain and leave it to dry.
- Dirt, Dust, and Soil
Dirt, dust, and soil are found everywhere. Thus it keeps getting accumulated if leather upholstery cleaning in Sydneyis not taken seriously. This build-up can affect the leather and can be the cause of discolouration and fading.
The easiest and simplest way of treating dust, dirt, and soil is to clean the leather sofa with a vacuum cleaner with the help of a brush attachment.
- Oil and Grease
We all know that pets and humans have body oil that sticks to the leather upholstery when they get in contact with the upholstered sofa.
Carefully remove oil and grease stains from the leather upholstery by following the below steps:
- Firstly, clean the affected area with leather cleaning wipes or a paper towel by gently wiping it.
- Damp a clean white cloth into conditioning soap suitable for leather.
- Dab the soaked cloth and remove the stains gently, do not rub to avoid it from spreading.
- Then, remove the moisture with another clean white cloth.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the affected area and leave it for six to eight hours.
- Wipe out the baking soda with a brush.
If any of the aforementioned methods do not work for you, then you must call a reliable company offering leather couch cleaning services. Experts will help in leather sofa cleaning gold coast and restoration. Furthermore, they will guide you to protect your couch from future stains.