Low Commission Real Estate Companies in the US
When it comes to selling a house, it is only natural that homeowners consider their bottom line. It is a given that they want to make a profit on the sale and to maximize the inflow they may want to work with a low commission agent or real estate company.
Low commission real estate agents/companies sell a property for a commission that is lower than traditional brokers. The national average rate of commission is around 6%. Low commission agents charge around 3%. Their claim is that because you save a significant amount on the brokerage, you tend to make more from the sale.
This article outlines some of the low commission top real estate companies in the US. Let’s get down to business.
1. Ideal Agent
Ideal Agent is a good platform for finding a top-rated realtor from a traditional brokerage. It is also one of the few low commission firms that have pan-USA coverage.
The company pre-negotiates a 2% listing fee for the sellers. While this listing fee is cheaper than the standard 3% rate, it might not be a huge discount depending on your area.
According to Ideal Agent reviews, sellers save around $3,000 – $4,000 when they list with the company.
Based on over 4,500 Ideal Agent reviews, the company has an average rating of 4.9/5. These Ideal Agent reviews are a mix of positive home-selling experiences and disconcerting service.
On the basis of these Ideal Agent reviews, here are some pros and cons of listing with the company.
- Unlike other agent-matching companies, Ideal Agent is very selective about the agents it works with. Sellers can be certain of getting matched with a broker who is one of the top-rated in the area.
- Signing up is free and there is no compulsion to hire the agent you are matched with.
- As per Ideal Agent reviews, the company’s concierge is competent and knowledgeable.
- Sellers only get matched with a single agent. Most other companies provide multiple options to pick the best fit.
- The reduced commission rate is still high when compared with competing low commission brokers.
- Their offline, manual process delays the home sale.
2. Clever Real Estate
Clever is a free service that matches sellers with top-rated realtors and pre-negotiated savings on their behalf.
The listing fee is just 1%, making it one of the lowest of any full-service brokerage. Clever partners with full-service agents at real estate firms including leading brands like Berkshire Hathaway and Keller Williams.
As per Clever Real Estate reviews, all these partner brokers offer the same experience one would get from a traditional agent. However, you will end up saving 50% on commission.
The company has an average customer rating of 4.9/5. Based on Clever Real Estate reviews, here are a few pros and cons of listing with the company:
- Sellers can try Clever for free and without any obligation. They can interview as many local realtors as they like until they find the one that best fits their needs. On being unsatisfied, they can walk away at any time.
- Finding an agent with Clever is quick and simple. Answer some questions about the house online, and a Concierge team member will get in touch. Each member is also a licensed realtor so they have a good understanding of how to match you.
- If you only wish to work with realtors from a specific company, Clever may have fewer options.
- Realtors guarantee full service, but they may not offer premium upgrades like home staging or drone photography without charging extra.
If you are confused about How to list on MLS then Houzeo helps sellers in listing their homes on the Multiple Listing Service at a discounted rate. By using the company’s service, sellers can save nearly half of the overall agent commission.
It is one of the best low commission real estate firms. The company has several packages, customized to varying needs. Pricing assistance, contract review, and professional photography are some of the important features you get with Houzeo plans.
The company provides an advanced customer dashboard where sellers can access multiple services. There is also an option to view and compare offers, schedule showings, and much more. You can also check out Houzeo reviews for in-depth information.
This is another discount real estate firm that charges a $3,000-$4,000 or 1% listing fee, based on your area.
Like other competing firms, Trelora does not give sellers a single agent to take them through the whole process. Instead, sellers will work with a team of agents, with several people managing varied aspects of your sale.
Trelora agents juggle around 20x as many clients as the average broker.
Here is a list of its pros and cons:
- The company provides savings on the commission that really are substantial at higher price points.
- There is full in-person support, including open houses
- Its team-based way of working limits its ability to offer personalized support
- As its agents juggle nearly 20x as many clients as the average broker, mistakes and oversights are more likely.
Bottom Line: Working with low commission real estate agents has its own set of benefits and drawbacks. Weigh them all to make an informed decision and if this is the best route for you.