Link PAN with Aadhar: Easy Step-by-Step Guide
It is not wrong to say that linking your PAN and Aadhar card is very easy if and only if you do it accurately. This will not only secure your financial information, but it can also be a time-efficient solution when filing taxes or completing other administrative tasks.
This guide will show you the easy steps to link PAN with Aadhar in just a few steps. We’ll discuss what you need to know before starting and how to link the cards online.
Let’s get started with the basics.
What Exactly is PAN?
The PAN is a 10-digit alpha-numeric number issued by the Indian Income Tax Department that helps the government to keep track of all the financial activities carried out by every Indian resident or businesses.
PAN stands for a “permanent account number” and is an essential requirement to carry out many financial activities such as filing tax returns, incorporating a business, or setting up a bank account.
Each PAN is unique, and it acts as identity proof for tax purposes. This means that when you link your Aadhar and PAN numbers, your income tax records are updated automatically.
What is an Aadhar Card?
Aadhar is a 12-digit unique identifier issued by the Government of India, for every Indian resident. It also acts as proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. It also helps to link all financial accounts from one place to another without any hassle.
When you link your Aadhar card with your PAN card, it helps you to save time when filing income tax returns and makes the process easier and more streamlined.
By linking your PAN and Aadhar cards, you can easily manage both accounts online and have full control over all your financial transactions in one place. This way, you can ensure that all your information is properly updated as per government regulations.
Step-by-Step Guide to Link PAN & Aadhar
Here’s how you can link PAN with Aadhar:
- Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department, i.e., https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
- Press the “Link Aadhar” button at the top of the page.
- Enter your PAN number, Aadhar number, and name as per your Aadhar card and verify the reCAPTCHA code.
- Once you have done your side, click on “Link Aadhar” to initiate the linking process.
- You will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on your registered mobile number.
- Enter this OTP to complete the linking process.
- If the details entered are successfully validated by UIDAI, then your PAN and Aadhar will be linked, otherwise failed.
- Once the linking process is successful, you will receive a confirmation message via email or SMS.
Checking the Status of PAN-Aadhar Linkage
Once you have done by your side, you can also check the status:
- Visit https://www1.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html
- Enter your PAN details and Aadhar number
- Click “Link Aadhar”
- You will get a confirmation message on your screen if the linking was successful, or an error message if there was an issue with the process.
- On this website, click “My Account > Link Aadhar” to get an update about your PAN-Aadhar linkage status
In this guide, we have mentioned all the important details about linking an aadhar card and a PAN card. Moreover, we have also mentioned what exactly is an Aadhar card and also a PAN card.
So, read this guide and easily link your aadhar card to a PAN card.