If you are a medical professional, you know the importance of connecting with your patients. Not only it is crucial to be able to understand your patients and be understood, but it is also critical to be able to communicate with your patients when it comes to showing empathy and providing comfort in difficult times.
Learning medical Spanish is becoming more important in the United States every year. With millions of Spanish speakers in the United States with limited and no English knowledge in need of care, bridging the communication gap and being able to communicate with your patients effectively and in a meaningful way is key.
The Spanish language website Down to Earth Spanish is now offering a course geared towards healthcare professionals that want to learn Medical Spanish and improve their level of care. The Medical Professional course teaches what you need to know to be able to understand and interact with Spanish speakers in a medical setting more effectively. This online course includes video presentations, audios, quizzes, digital downloads, and authentic materials designed for students to learn effectively and reinforce their learning along the way, at their own pace.
What will you learn?
There are a variety of topics and lessons that will help you learn medical Spanish effectively. With The Medical Professional you will:
- Learn about the different human body parts, including the skeleton and muscles.
- Understand how to describe, rate and express pain.
- Get familiar with expressing common symptoms, illnesses and medications in Spanish.
- Discover the different ways to instruct directions in Spanish as it relates to verbs of movements.
- Learn about common illnesses and symptoms, medications
Benefits of learning medical Spanish
There are a lot of benefits to learning medical Spanish. Here are a few:
- You can more easily communicate with your patients and their family. Bridging the communication gap will help you connect with your patients in a more meaningful way.
- You will be able to understand your patients’ needs and be understood, resulting in an improve level of care.
- Learning medical Spanish will make you a more qualified professional and may bring about new opportunities for professional development
To learn more about the benefits of learning Spanish for medical professionals please check out The Medical Professional course at Down to Earth Spanish.
The Medical Professional course will launch on November 1st, 2021, but pre-registration is available now, and Down to Earth Spanish is offering a $50 discount if you enroll before October 31st.
What is included?
When you purchase The Medical Professional course you will have access to the following:
Exclusive Learning Materials
The course features video presentations, audios, quizzes, digital downloads, and more so you can learn effectively and reinforce your learning along the way
Private community access
You will automatically join the course community, where you can post comments or ask questions to fellow students or your instructor.
Unlimited Lifetime Access
You will get unlimited lifetime access to all contents and materials of the course, so you can come back to review or engage with the community anytime.
Other Spanish courses offered by Down to Earth Spanish
Down to Earth Spanish also offers other courses designed to help you learn Spanish at your own pace such as:
- The Castilian Factor – A course focused on the differences between Spanish from Spain and Spanish spoken in the rest of the world
- The Traveler – A course teaching useful Spanish for travel
- The Tilde Master – A course on written Spanish accents
- The Novice – A set of courses to help you start your Spanish language journey
In addition, Down to Earth Spanish offers free Spanish worksheets, printable and digital downloads to help you practice and improve your Spanish.