Food safety is a top priority for any business, and ensuring that your products are compliant with all the food safety regulations is essential. However, even if your brand is fully licensed and compliant with all the food safety guidelines, it’s always a good idea to check the validity of your FSSAI licence – just in case. In this article, we’ll outline all you need to know about FSSAI licences and why it’s important to have one.
What are the Requirements for a Valid FSSAI Licence?
Most brands have to comply with the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) regulations in order to sell their products in India. In order to gain a FSSAI licence, a brand must first meet certain requirements, including having a valid FSSAI licence. Here are some of the most important things you need to know about FSSAI licences:
1. A brand must have a valid FSSAI licence in order to sell its products in India.
2. A brand must be registered with the FSSAI and must have an active licence.
3. A brand must abide by all FSSAI regulations and guidelines when selling its products in India.
4. A brand must keep its FSSAI licence current by renewing it annually or whenever required.
5. A brand that ceases operations or becomes inactive for six months or more will lose its FSSAI licence and may not be able to sell products in India until it regains its licence.
6. If a brand operates without a valid FSSAI licence, it may be subject to penalties, including fines and imprisonment.
How to Check If Your Brand’s FSSAI Licence Is Valid
If you’re a business owner with a food product, you need to make sure your FSSAI licence is valid. This is especially important if you’re selling online or through a retail store. Here are some steps to check:
1. Find your FSSAI licence number on the website. This can be found in the “About Us” section on your company’s website or on the back of your licence document.
2. Check the expiry date of your licence. Make sure it’s not about to expire any time soon! If it is, renew your licence as soon as possible.
3. Look for any changes to your company name or address. If anything has changed, it might be worth contacting FSSAI to confirm that your licence is still valid and up to date.
4. Use the onlineFSSAI application form to verify that all of your information is correct and matches that on your licence document. If there are any discrepancies, contact FSSAI immediately so they can investigate and resolve them.
5. Finally, take a look at the “Food Product Standards” section of FSSAI’s website to see if there have been any changes to the food standards that
How to Verify a Brand’s FSSAI Licence
Every food brand has to obtain a food safety certificate from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in order to sell in India. Here are four ways to verify that a brand’s FSSAI licence is valid:
1. Look for the FSSAI registration number on the brand’s website or on product packaging. This number will help you track down the brand’s FSSAI licence history.
2. Call the FSSAI helpline and ask for the brand’s FSSAI licence number. The helpline staff will be able to tell you whether the brand’s FSSAI licence is current or expired.
3. Check with your local registrar of companies to see if the brand has a registered office in India. If so, it may be easier to find out whether the brand has an active FSSAI licence.
4. Get in touch with the brand directly and ask for its FSSAI licence number. If the brand can’t provide you with the correct information, it may be because its FSSAI licence has already expired or been cancelled.
Your Shop Licence The ABC’s
If your business is selling products within India, you will need a Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) licence. FSSAI licences are issued to businesses that have been inspected and found to be meeting the required food safety standards. Licences are valid for a period of five years, and must be renewed every five years.
To apply for a FSSAI licence, you will need to submit an application form, along with evidence that your business meets the required food safety standards. Your application form will require information such as the name of your business, the address of your business, the type of products that you sell, and the identification number of your business. FSSAI will also require information about your employees, such as their identity and contact information.
Once your application has been submitted, FSSAI will review it to determine if you meet the required food safety standards. If FSSAI determines that you do not meet the required food safety standards, FSSAI may refuse to issue you a licence or may require you to comply with certain conditions before issuing you a licence.
If FSSAI determines that you do meet the required food safety standards, FS
What Is The Difference Between A Sales shop Licence And A Retailer Permit?
If you’re like most business owners, you likely don’t know the difference between a sales shop licence and a retailer permit. In fact, many small business owners may not even be aware that they need a different licence for each type of sale. Here’s a quick breakdown of the two types of licences:
Sales shop licence:
This type of licence is required if your business makes sales to the general public. This includes sales through online platforms and in physical stores. You must also have a sales shop licence if your business has more than 10 employees, carries more than Rs. 2 crore in annual turnover, or has been in operation for more than six months.
A retailer permit is required if your business only sells products to other businesses or individuals who are not considered the general public. This includes sales through online platforms and in physical stores. You must also have a retailer permit if your business has more than 10 employees, carries more than Rs. 2 crore in annual turnover, or has been in operation for more than six months.