The world around us is indeed a colourful place. From the print art on the walls, comics on your book shelves to the creative designs on advertisement banners, you can find creative designs and bold patterns everywhere you look. But have you ever spared a thought about who makes this colourful world possible? You can thank graphic designers for it.
Graphic designers work hard to create visually pleasing graphics and pictures that can be used anywhere from the media, publishing industry to the art-décor industry. If you are artistic, have a keen eye for symmetry, colours and abstract designs, or are interested in a career in fine-arts, graphic designing can be interesting and financially rewarding as a career option for you.
If you are apprehensive about a career in graphic designing and want to know your options, this blog has you covered. It lists the benefits of joining this industry and a few interesting roles to get your career rolling.
What is graphic designing?
Graphic designing is the art of creating a visual to communicate written content. Graphic designers employ techniques such as visual hierarchy, and typography to make pictures that deliver the message as wanted by the clients. This design approach takes advantage of the fact that pictures are more communicative as compared to written content.
As a graphic designer, you get to play with a lot of elements such as page layout, colours, images and visual cues to make the content interesting and interactive.
Benefits of a career in graphic designing
Here are a few amazing benefits of starting a career in graphic designing.
- Better career opportunities: Since the industry is dynamic and increasing at a rapid pace, there are multiple and varied job opportunities in the market that might satisfy the criteria of your ideal job. You can even explore and switch jobs if any other role interests you.
- Easy to pick up skills: Graphic designing is a fairly simple skill and can be picked up by anyone irrespective of their previous educational qualifications. There are several good courses out there that can help you learn graphic designing.
- Great outlet for creativity: If you are creative and artistic, this profession is a great way to let your creative juices flow. You also get a sense of satisfaction when a design created by you is viewed by millions of people.
- Good flexibility: Most graphic designing jobs only require a working internet connection and a designing laptop. This profession gives you the flexibility to choose your working hours and locations.
- Attractive salary packages: With digital marketing becoming the new mantra for the success of any company, graphic designing industry is getting its fair share of success. If you are talented, there are no dearth of well-paying jobs in the industry.
Career opportunities in the graphic designing field
There are some great career options in graphic design for beginners in the field if you are sincere, hard-working and have a natural flair for designing or drawing. Here are some interesting career roles in graphic designing that are sure to interest you.
- Web designer
- Creative directors
- Photo editors
- Architecture and engineering drafters
- Video and film editors
- Graphic editors
- Product designers
- Multimedia artists
- Flash designers
- Interior designing consultants
- Brand identity designers
- Flash designers
In a time when digital marketing is considered as the most profitable approach to marketing, graphic designing is gaining momentum as a great way to supplement advertisements and other digital marketing approaches. Graphic designing is utilised in ad-films, infomercials, infographics and posters. Major corporations and emerging start-ups around the world scout for talented graphic designer that can help them become market leaders. Take the advantage of this boom in the industry and join a graphic designing course to get your career started.