A dental crown is mainly a cap for a damaged tooth. It can be made up of a variety of materials including metal or porcelain. You may have a crown over a molar that rarely shows, except when yawning widely. Many factors decide the type of crown, you are going to select. These factors mainly are:
Of course, all the factors are dependent on each other. An expensive crown will give you a strong and durable teeth crown. It also adds a natural appearance to your damaged tooth and restores your bright smile. When the dentist fixes the damaged tooth, they explain the various options available for the tooth crown and choose what best meets your requirements.
Types of dental crowns:
There are different kinds of dental crowns available. Some main types include:
- Composite resin
- A combination of materials
There are some important factors considered when you support choosing the specific type of dental crowns Huntsville AL. Some of the important factors are:
Location of the tooth required dental crown
- How much of the tooth show when you smile?
- Position of your gum tissue
- Type and function of the tooth require a dental crown
- Fraction of natural tooth remaining after eliminating the damage
- Colour of the surrounding teeth
Your dentist will advise you on the best dental crown type after considering all the above- mentioned factors. You could think of the advice and decide as per your affordability.
When exactly you should prefer a dental crown procedure?
Some people don’t aware of the exact need for a dental crown. However, after the dentist’s discussion, they get to know whether the dental crown is required or not. Having a rough idea about the need for the dental crown in Huntsville AL is always rewarding. Thus, let us know the situation which actually indicates that you need a dental crown.
Protecting a weak tooth from breaking or keeping the weak tooth together if parts are cracked.
- Restoring a broken tooth or a severely worn-down tooth.
- Covering and supporting a tooth with a large filling and not much tooth remaining
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Need to cover a severely discoloured tooth
- Covering a dental implant
- Covering a tooth that has been treated with a root canal
Things to do to look after the dental crown:
The dental care required for a permanent crown is the least. Most oral health experts even advise treating it like you would a natural tooth with respect to eating, chewing, and biting. These are the common things require to take care of dental crown Huntsville AL properly:
Ensure to brush your tooth twice every day
- Avoid eating sticky food or food that is excessively chewy like caramel
- Try to avoid using both sides of your mouth with the temporary crown.
- Do not eat crunchy or hard foods like raw vegetables or potato chips.
- It is advised that you continue flossing, but you require to slide the floss out between your teeth instead of lifting it.