Sidney Kimmel Medical College was previously known as Jefferson Medical College. This medical college is working as a private school of medicine, which is located at 4201 Henry Ave, Philadelphia, United States.
This school has proudly honoured more than 30,000 medical degrees to the students at both the levels of undergraduate medical education programs as well as joint degree programs. Every year more than 1,000 students are given the privilege to be honoured with the degrees.
In short, this medical college has a high reputation and fame in the world of medical universities where it is delivering high-quality and top-notch services of medicine and health education.
Why should you choose Sidney Kimmel Medical College?
Exposing your medical degree from SKMC will enable you to build a challenging career to grab an opportunity to be a future doctor. They will help you to study all those basic concepts which are required to be a future successful physician. It might add you some hard work, but at the end of the day, it will pay off.
SKMC is one such platform from where you can acquire all your medical education at one go. This platform will provide you with all the basic employment and educational opportunities to all students without any discrimination of ethnic origin, marital status, as well as colour, race, sex, or gender identity.
Apart from education, this college will also help you to know about all those basic issues which are concerned over the address of ethical, social, or legal aspects within your medical professional.
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) has also announced the selection of the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University with rests of the 9 other institutions which are all across the nation.
List of Medical Degree Programs Offered by Sidney Kimmel Medical College
This medical school has been offering a variety of programs related to the medical field to pursue it for a brighter future. It will enable the students to select the degree out of so many other programs according to their convenience and knowledge. At an average level, there are around 30 programs which are offered by this medical college. Few of the major degree programs are as mentioned below:
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Cancer Biology
- Dermatology & Cutaneous Biology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family & Community Medicine
- Integrative Medicine &
- Nutritional Sciences
- Medical Oncology
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
- Neurological Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology / Head & Neck Surgery
- Pathology, Anatomy & Cell Biology
- Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics
- Psychiatry & Human Behavior
- Radiation Oncology
- Rehabilitation Medicine
What is the cost of studying at Jefferson University a year?
Taking admission to Thomas Jefferson Medical School is not too cheap. For the first-year student, the minimum expense range is around $83,354, as given the 11-month academic year. Sidney Kimmel Medical College does reset their annual tuition rates with time.
As in view with the 2020 – 2021 academic year, the overall comprehensive fee is around $60,021. This whole fee covers the tuition and the rest of the fees, which is including the library as well as technology fees. Little details about the fees are given below:
- Tuition and Fees is $60,973
- Books and Supplies is $1,060
- Instruments/Microscope Rental is $249
- Room and Board is $18,271
- The transportation fee is $500
- The medical/Dental fee is $450
- The estimated Health Insurance Fee is $4,945
- The miscellaneous fee is $1,375
- The estimated Loan Fees is $476
Personal Skills required taking Admission in SKMC
This profession of medial is not just the career to make your venture into. This profession is all about patient care and dealing best with human lives. If you want to earn some success in the physician career, then you should possess some basic personal skills to give your career a distinguished timeline.
Few important personal requirements which are needed to qualify for the medical career are:
- Ability required analyzing or solving problems and reaching into diagnostic and therapeutic judgments.
- It even helps you to get into the adequate senses of hearing vision and develop somatic sensation, which is needed to perform a physical examination by using observation.
- It adds the ability to relate with the patients and yet establish professional relationships with your patients.
- Massive ability to communicate verbally and through writing skills with the patients or medical colleagues with high clarity, accuracy, and efficient conditions.
In short, the applicant who is applying should have satisfactory completion of the current enrollment. They should be meeting all the entrance requirements, which include technical and academic ones, to meet the standards of SKMC.
Plus, they should also follow the agreement, which is complying with the regulations and rules of Thomas Jefferson University, as well as the code of professional conduct. It is mandatory to have a clean background history of making yourself qualified for the admission procedure. The whole process of candidate selection is done through the admission committee, which is based on a few members of different departments.
Frequently Asked Questions-FAQs
- Is Thomas Jefferson School of Medicine known to be a good medical school?
Yes, this medical school is known to be well-known and among the best schools of medicine in the country.
- Is Sydney Kimmel Medical School working as public or private?
The medical school is working as a private medical school, which is ranked among the best in the US.
- What is the approximate acceptance rate for Thomas Jefferson University?
As for the year 2018, the acceptance rate of this medical school SKMC was around 59.7%.
- How many students are attending Jefferson University?
Around 7831 students are currently studying at TJU.
Dr Najeeb Lectures
If you are finding any sort of issue to understand the basics of topics related to medicine and health sciences, then you can consider taking suitable help from Dr Najeeb’s lectures. He is known to deliver online lectures on different subjects related to medical subjects, health sciences, or basic sciences. His lectures are available online with a concise presentation in the form of graphical representation.