IGNOU is one of the very famous and oldest institutes in India which offers distance education to students living all around the world. IGNOU stands for Indira Gandhi National Open University. It is also a central university located in the country.
IGNOU introduced its distance MBA course in the year 1987. During that time, the institute used to offer only pilot programs which are also known as a diploma in distance learning MBA education. Currently, the institute offers more than 10 programs that comprise more than 50 courses.
IGNOU not only offers distance education in India but also in Africa. When it comes to distance education, the name of IGNOU cannot be ignored and when it comes to distance MBA, IGNOU happens to be one of the topmost institutes in the country.
Duration of the course
Distance MBA and regular MBA in most colleges continue for only 2 years, however, the distance MBA course offered by IGNOU continuous for 2.5 years. The maximum time period which a student can take to complete the course is 8 years.
Types of courses offered
As mentioned earlier, IGNOU offers a wide variety of distance education courses. Below we have listed all the courses which the university offers.
- Master’s of Business Administration ( MBA)
Specializations offered in distance MBA course by IGNOU:
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Markets Practices
Post Graduation and advance diploma courses:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management ( PGDIM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in financial management (PGDFM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in marketing management (PGDMM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in operations management (PGDOM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in financial market practices (PGDFMP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in teaching and research in management (PGDTRM)
- Doctor of philosophy in management (Ph.D. (M) )
- Certificate of entrepreneurship (CIE)
- Certificate in NGO management (CNM)
- Diploma in Management (DIM)
Prospectus of IGNOU:
Click the link mentioned below to view the online prospectus of IGNOU.
Students willing to pursue a distance MBA from IGNOU will have to pay a total amount of Rs 31,500 as the total fee for the course. The university offers a total of 21 courses in the distance MBA program and the charge for studying each course is only Rs 1500. Therefore the total fee for the course amounts to Rs 31,500.
The above-mentioned fee structure is applicable for Indian students only, the fee structure of foreign student is different and is divided into two different groups. Students belonging to SAARC will have to pay Rs 63,000 whereas students belonging to Non-SAARC countries will have to pay $7350.
Accreditation of the university
The university is accredited by UGC. UGC is one of the top institutes located in the country to accredited any university situated in India. Below we are inserting a screenshot of the accreditation letter.
How to take admission?
Students willing to take admission in the distance education course offered by IGNOU will have to take an entrance test first. If the student has previously taken any national level MBA entrance exam, for instance, CAT or MAT, he or she will not have to sit for the entrance exam organized by the institute.
Eligibility for the course
Students falling under the below-mentioned categories are eligible for pursuing distance MBA from IGNOU
- Students are falling under the general category must complete graduation in any discipline with 50% marks and students falling under the reserved category should have 45% marks in their graduation. apart from this, 3 years of managerial/ supervisory/ professional experience is also needed. candidate not having 3 years of working experience should have a professional degree with 50% marks in medicine/ chartered accountant/ engineering/ cost and works Accountancy/ Law or chartered secretaryship.
- Candidate should also clear the OPENMAT test conducted by IGNOU.
- Also, we would like to mention that there is no age bar for studying distance MBA from IGNOU.
There is no doubt that IGNOU is one of the best institutes in the country for studying the distance MBA. The institute offers a wide variety of MBA courses and is perfect for working professionals having work experience and are willing to advance and their career.
Address: School of Management Studies,
Indira Gandhi National Open University,
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi – 110068