The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is the conducting body for various bank examinations under the Public Sector, including bank clerical cadre. The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2021 is scheduled to be conducted from 28th August 2021 tentatively. Hence, the candidates should begin their IBPS Clerk exam preparation as soon as possible. Before starting the preparation, the candidates should go through the exam pattern and syllabus of the IBPS Clerk exam.
The exam pattern and syllabus will provide the candidates with a better understanding of the paper structure, the difficulty level of the questions asked, and the important topics to focus on. Thus, it will help the candidates plan IBPS Clerk exam preparation accordingly.
In this article, IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern, Exam preparation tips, along Frequently asked questions are given in detail.
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk selection process mainly involves two stages; Prelims and Mains examination. Both stages are conducted online through computer-based tests where candidates are given multiple options to choose from.
The IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern for 2021 is given below:
|Components||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour each|
The IBPS Clerk Exam Mains Exam Pattern for 2021 is given below:
|Components||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|General or Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
Section-wise Preparation Strategy for IBPS Clerk Exam
Specific strategies help the candidates prepare for the IBPS clerical exams as per different sections. In general, the bank clerical exam involves five sections: English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge, and General Awareness.
- English Language: In this section, topics like fill in the blanks, spellings, and antonyms or synonyms should be attempted first as they are easy and take little time. Sentence improvement and jumbled paragraphs should be the focus next. The candidates can answer the comprehension part in the last few minutes as they get the time to think clearly about the questions asked in the exam.
- Reasoning: The topics like coding and decoding, Inequalities, and Blood Relations are high-scoring topics, and they must be attempted first. Directions, Input-Output, Ranking, and Syllogism questions are tricky and therefore need more practice. Issues like logical reasoning and puzzles are time-consuming, and the candidates need focus to solve them at one go and thus, should be attempted at last.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The candidates need to start with questions from topics like Number system, Quadratic equation, and simplification first. The data analysis and interpretation should be answered next as the questions range from easy to moderate level. Other topics like ratio and proportion, mensuration, time, and work will take a reasonable amount of time, and they should be practised a lot to mark the correct answers.
- General Awareness: The candidates must be aware of the daily happenings in society. This section consists of current affairs and banking concepts. Reading newspapers is advised to score well in this exam. The questions are asked from a range of fields such as Banking, Financial Awareness, General Knowledge, Current affairs, and Static GK.
- Computer Knowledge: The basics of computers should be understood and learned before appearing for the exam. This section is one of the easiest sections to score full marks and the candidates should not make any silly mistakes.
General Exam Preparation Tips for IBPS Clerk examination
IBPS Clerk exam is one of the largest examinations conducted in the banking sector with the number of applicants for the exam every year being very high. Thus, the candidates must know certain preparation tips to get selected for the IBPS clerk exam.
- The candidates should know everything about the Clerk exam before attempting the exam. The official notification released by the IBPS will contain all the relevant information.
- The candidates should check whether they are eligible to take the test or not beforehand.
- The candidates should go through the Clerk exam pattern for both prelims and mains stages and go through the syllabus to get a clear idea of the mentioned topics.
- The candidates should understand the clerk exam analysis to get a clear idea of the difficulty level of questions asked in the examination.
- The Exam analysis of both prelims and mains will give the candidates time to formulate a proper preparation strategy and time management for the upcoming exam.
- The IBPS Clerk recommended books will help the candidates with a planned preparation to score relatively higher marks.
- A proper study routine and notes are essential to score higher marks and reach the desired endeavors of the candidates.
- The candidates should practice the numerical and logical reasoning sections multiple times to gain a grip over the subject material and improve their solving speed.
We hope students have all the information now if they want to apply for IBPS in future. Students must focus on intense revision and practise mocks during these final few months. Like and share this blog among peers who have similar career aspirants. All the Best!