Human Resources Professionals: How Much Do They Earn
Choosing human resources as a career is a great choice. With any job for that matter, the highest salaries often come with positions having the latest skillset and a few years of experience in the job role.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median or average salary a human resource manager could make was around USD 113,300 per annum.
Human resources salary may vary significantly since they cut across various aspects of the business. The report from ‘The Bureau of Labor Statistics’ states that firms under the technical consulting firm and scientific domain offer the highest and best salaries across the industry worldwide.
According to the HR magazine, some of the highest paying job career specialties include organizational development and labor relations.
HR professionals around Canada and the U.S. make an average salary of about $58,000 per year. In the United Kingdom, an HR professional can expect an average salary package of £32,533 per annum.
However, the actual salary compensation may vary based on the geographical location, specialization within the field or the amount of experience.
As an HR professional, what’s my earning potential?
Reports and statistics were taken from multiple sources such as Payscale, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), and Glassdoor.
Let us represent the findings of the human resources salary based on the information gathered from the sources mentioned above.
However, certain factors may influence the salary compensation of an HR professional: –
• Job title
• Type of industry
• Years of experience
The HR’s job title, the area there’s located at, their roles and responsibilities could create a huge difference in the exact amount the individual earns.
The salary earned by an HR professional will vary according to the kind of position one holds.
Below is the salary compensation human resources professionals are earning in the U.S., (Payscale, Glassdoor, and the Occupational Outlook Handbook from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)).
Human resources professional
• Glassdoor – according to Glassdoor, the average package the individual earns ranges around $59,385.
• Payscale – and according to Payscale an HR professional could make $56,641 per annum.
• The Occupational Outlook Handbook from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)) – the median package for an HR professional was around $60,880 (latest update, May 2018).
In short, the average salary human resources professionals earn ranges between $57,000 and $60,000 per annum.
• While in Canada, the salary compensation was around $59,681 per annum, as per Reed.co.uk.
• And in the United Kingdom, it was about £32,533, according to Reed.co.uk.
Let us further consider average salaries for different HR job roles: –
• Payscale – £35,628 per annum
• Glassdoor – £46,520 per annum
• Indeed – £42,446 per annum
• Reed.co.uk – £66,287 per annum
• Payscale – $65,490 per annum
• Glassdoor – $76,464 per annum
• The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) – $85,939 per annum
• Payscale – $68,698 per annum
• Glassdoor – CA$115,090
• Neuvoo – $77,006 per annum or $39.49 per hour
Conclusion – The average salary compensation ranges about $80,000 per annum in the US and Canada and £50,000 in the UK.
• Payscale – $86,837 per annum
• Glassdoor – $106,842 per annum
• Payscale – £68,694 per annum
• Glassdoor – £99,457 per annum in London
• Payscale – $99,777 per annum
• Glassdoor – $134,379 per annum
• Neuvoo – $108,950
Conclusion – the average salary compensation for HR director is $90,000 per annum in the US, £80,000 per year in the UK, and $100,000 per year in Canada.
• Payscale – $39,464 per annum
• Glassdoor – $42,908 per annum
• The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) – $40,700 per annum
• Payscale – £20,396 per annum
• Glassdoor – £24,409 per annum
• Indeed – £22,442 per annum
• Payscale – C$39,861 per annum
• Glassdoor – $43,154 per annum
• Neuvoo – $38,592 per annum
Conclusion – The average salary compensation an HR assistant makes ranges around £22,000 per annum in the UK and $40,000 per year in the US and in Canada.