YouTube, a video distribution and publication, social networking site has become a marketplace for brands, leveraging Youtubers with the innumerable benefits of live streaming. With YouTube live, users can reach their viewers in real time while streaming branded content, QnAs, video games, cooking classes, and so on.With an active audience of 2 billion monthly usersYouTube facilitates Live streaming that converts online video into an interactive, communicative and collaborative experience. Hence, you must incorporate this medium into your YouTubemarketing strategy.
Many Youtubers buy YouTube subscribers, to increase their rankings, reputation, engagements and watch-time. Live streaming on YouTube can help you obtaining all the above measures too.
What are the benefits of live streaming?
Live streaming help Youtubers to increase their watch-time, establish their brand, build personality, maximize their reach, increase engagement from their audiences and gain more trust with live video.In this blog, you will learn how to leverage live streaming to create high levels of engagement with your target audience. Being a special form of YouTube marketing strategy, live streamsmake you feel as if you’re part of an event. Because each viewer is consuming the particular content at the same time. You can encourage viewers to use the chat function to share their suggestions and interrogations—Therefore YouTube live stream is an extraordinarily engaging experience.
How to enable live streaming on YouTube
Enable your channel
To enable live stream feature, you need to have a verified YouTube channel with no live streaming restrictions in the past 90 days. to apply for verification of your YouTube channel. If already verified, then follow these steps.There are three kinds of streams: mobile, webcam, and encoder. Select the one that’s greatest for achieving your target goal.
Best for vlogging and provideswift updates from your android phone or tablet.
To live streams from mobile phone you need at least 1,000 subscribers, and an android phone or tablet with a camera.
You can rapidly live stream from your computer using a webcam.
For live streaming from a pc, all youneed is a computer with a clear webcam.
Encoders help you stream gameplay, overlays, and use hardware like preamps, mics, and cameras. This type of stream is frequently used for gaming, sporting events, campaigns, concerts, sessions and conferences.
Now, let us understand how to live stream on all three means
How to stream on YouTube from PC
To live stream using desktop
- Go to the link YouTube dot com slash dashboard
- Select the camcorder icon in the top right corner.
- Click Go Live, then select Webcam.
- Add your title change privacy settings.
- Click More options to add a description, enable or disable live chat, monetization, promotion and other options.
- Hit Next. YouTube will mechanically take a webcam thumbnail photo. You can recapture it or upload an image a custom thumbnail.
- Select Go Live.
- When you want to stop, select End Stream at the bottom.
How to live stream on YouTube from phone
- Login to the YouTube app from your android phone, select the camcorder icon.
- Select Go Live.
- Add video’s title and privacy setting.
- Select More Optionsto add a description. Select Show More to enable or disable live chat, age restrictions, monetization, promotion disclosures, and more.
- Click Show Lessto leave and select Next. Take a picture or upload a thumbnail.
- Tap Shareto share the link on social media platforms.
- Click Go Live.
- When you are done, click Finishand then Ok.
How to create a YouTube live stream with an encoder–
Encoders let you stream gameplay, overlays, and use hardware like preamps, mics, and cameras to go live on YouTube. Follow the steps to use an encoder.
- Download encoding software or YouTube live streaming software
- Select the camcorder icon.
- Click Go Live, then select Stream. If you’ve streamed using it before, select Copy and createto use the earlier settings. Else select New Stream.
- Add your title, description, category, privacy settings, and upload a thumbnail. You can also schedule your stream and enable monetization. Click Create Stream.
- Go to Stream Settingsand choose the options you want, then, copy your stream key. You can also, use the same stream key for forthcoming streams.
- Then, paste the stream key into your encoder.Go back to your YouTube live dashboardand click Go Live.
- If you want tofinish the stream, click End Stream.
3 tips for using YouTube Live
To present a live stream on YouTube, use these tips.
Tip#1 Select your target goal-
Ask yourself, whether you want to connect with viewers or promote a product, by going live on YouTube. Your goal helps you to build the needed livestream setup. Before you click Go Live, you must also homework the following:
- Title: Add relevant, intriguing, accurate, specific title withpowerful keywords.
- Description: Add irresistible description with long tail keywords, relevant links and information, and up to 15 hashtags.
- Thumbnail image: Include compelling thumbnail image of resolution 1280×720 (with minimum width of 640 pixels) and under 2 MB limit.
- Calls to action: Ask your viewers to like, comment, share, and subscribe to your channel. Decide what do you want audience to do during and after the live stream.
Tip#2 Post when your target audience is online- You can leverage YouTube analytics to see the timings, when your videos get the most views. This data work as a suggestion and indication to know, when your viewers are habitually online.
- You can also study demographic location to find at wherepeople watch your videos from. If you have aninternational audience, you mustselect a time that is suitable for audiences inseveral time zones.If you are unable to do so, then pick a time that matches with your audience’s highest location, and plotthe YouTube live video posted on your channel.
- You can even ask your audience for accurate or preferred timings in the comment section. Running a teaser asking people to choose time is another option.
- You must be consistent at your video’s production. With a regular period,opening, or exact time uploading measures, viewers can get ahead, build your live stream into their daily or weekly schedule and become habitual to your content.
Tip#3- Optimize your arrangements
A live video can be perfect, if you enhance your video set-up. As, you can’t edit or recreatea videoafter it’s live. So, formerly uploading your broadcast, remember the following simple improvement practices.
- Optimize your camera presence. There should be no distractions, unsuitable content, or private conversations in the background.
- Use a good camera and adjust lighting and contrast according to day/night or indoor/outdoor. Look for clear presentation with no shadows.
- Be loud and clear. Check and recheck your audios. Use a microphoneand check sound to guarantee you have bestaudibility. Record in a silentplace, away from any kind of noise pollution.
- Always keep the charging full of equipment, you want to use,tokeep going!
- Test your internet speed and connection. Your connection must support 10mb of data per minute.
- Turn off all alarms, notification and sound effects or ringers
- Inspire viewers to enable notifications. This mechanism helps you to get notified when your channel goes live.
- Schedule your live stream so the interested people can set reminders.
- Add a related website, this can improve your video’s visibility.
- You can run YouTube livestream display ads to promote your video.
- Cross promote your live stream on different social media content, by sharing your stream link at least 2 days before 6you go live. Be clear with your date and time.
- Direct invitations by email.
- Tell your audience, whythey mustengage with yourcontent.
I hope, you understood well, how to live stream on YouTube.
Feel free to share!