There are many major features in Outlook like if you’re going away on leave, you can add an automatic “out of office” reply for your emails as these automatic replies let people who email you know that you cannot reply to their messages. Also, if you have queries related to blocking or unblocking a sender in Outlook, you will find them all here at once. You can block emails on Outlook if you no longer want to receive emails from specific accounts. After you block a sender’s email address, you can unblock them in your account settings if you wish in the future. So, here’s the way to block/unblock senders in Outlook, and you will also find how to add out of office in Outlook desktop.
Steps to Set Up an Out of Office Reply in the Outlook Desktop App
Go through the below instructions to set up an “out of office” reply in the Outlook desktop version.
- Launch Outlook and click the ‘File’ option in the menu bar.
- Then click Automatic Replies (Out of Office).
- Next, click on the ‘Send automatic replies’ option.
- Then, tick the “Only send during this time range” box to set the dates you’ll be out of the office.
- Then set your automatic out-of-office reply message under the ‘Inside My Organization’ tab. This will be the automatically sent response to people of your company who email you when you’re away.
- Also, set your automatic out-of-office reply under the ‘Outside My Organization’ tab. This is for people outside your company. You can also copy the same message you wrote for Inside My Organization, or you can create something else for people outside your organization. You can even untick the “Auto-reply…” box if you don’t want to send them an automatic reply while you’re away.
In this way, you can easily set up “out-of-office” on Outlook desktop.
Steps to Block Emails on Outlook
Outlook permits you to block emails from senders you don’t want to hear from. Here is how to block an email address in Outlook with just a few clicks.
- First, click on an email from the sender you want to block.
- Then, click on the arrow next to “Junk.”
- Now, click on “Block” and on “OK.”
If you change your mind to unblock them, you can remove their email address from your block list in your account settings.
Steps to Unblock Emails on Outlook
Outlook permits you to unblock emails from senders if you want their emails again. Here is how to unblock the sender in Outlook with just a few clicks.
- First, go to Outlook Settings.
- Then, select the ‘Mail’ option.
- Now, choose the ‘Junk email.’
- In the Blocked Senders and domains section, you’ll see a list of senders you’ve blocked in the past.
- To remove an address, select the trash can next to the email address and select ‘Save.’
So, from the above blog post, you can quickly know the way to set out-of-office mail, the way to block an email address, and also the way to unblock an email address on Outlook. You can follow them to get your query solved.