Updating and upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop are two different things. If the user wants to upgrade the software he/she is using then it can be only done by using the CD Rom. However, the process of updating is easier than the up-gradation and can easily be done from the internet. The updates are also known as patches.
After updating the software you will notice a recognizable improvement in the performance of the application. Therefore, have prepared this article to provide you with a complete guide to upgrading your software. But before moving any forward, let’s go through the benefits of updating the QuickBooks Desktop.
Advantage of Updating the QuickBooks Desktop
It is important to learn the benefits and advantages of updating the QuickBooks Desktop. Below are some positive points that will increase your QuickBooks using experience.
- You will be able to update your system, ensuring enhanced data security.
- It also assures that the user’s knowledge is error-free.
- This solves some of the most frequent security loopholes and issues.
- When updating QuickBooks, you’ll notice features like real-time invoice status tracking, an updated data file, and so forth.
- Aspects of optimization and more.
Check if Your QuickBooks is Updated or Not?
However, before updating, please check if you are already using the updated version. Otherwise, the procedure will be of no use. You can follow the steps to easily find that out.
- The QuickBooks desktop must first be opened.
- The product info window will then open when you press F2.
- After you have verified the current version and release, the next step is to do a version check.
- The QuickBooks release that is available should be checked.
Various Ways to Get the Latest QuickBooks Update
Mostly while dealing with an issue, it is recommended to resolve it using QuickBooks Tool Hub. However, sometimes, the problem lies in the QuickBooks version you are using. In that case, you should try to get the new version using the following methods.
- Automatic update method
- On-demand update method
- Release download
- Manual update
We have discussed each of the methods in detail below.
Method 1: Automatic update method
- In order to access the help menu, first, you must open QuickBooks. Hit on the option Update QuickBooks tab.
- When you’re finished, go to the update QuickBooks screen and click the Update Now tab.
- The next step is to delete all previously downloaded updates and then check the box to reset the update box.
- Select the symbol Get updates now.
- The QuickBooks application needs to be restarted after the process is finished.
Method 2: On-demand update method
- Navigate to the Help menu in QuickBooks.
- Update QuickBooks and then Update Now are the options.
- Tap on Get Updates after selecting the update you want to receive. From the Update column, you may also find out what’s included in the update. Select the Maintenance Release option from the drop-down menu. A new page will appear with the update’s modifications and improvements.
- QuickBooks should be turned off. When you open QuickBooks the next time, you’ll be prompted to apply the update. You have the option of downloading it now or later. After the installation is finished, restart your computer.
- Consider reinstalling the updates in the order that they show on your computer. If you don’t follow the steps in the right order, you can have trouble opening the company file.
Method 3: Release download
You may see the QuickBooks update Error 15215 when attempting to download new updates. Before getting a new version of QuickBooks, it is best to first make a backup of all the required files, to avoid any data loss.
Now follow the steps below to download the QuickBooks Pro and Premier for Multi-User Mode:
- Access the shared company files.
- Then move to the Help Menu and then hit on the button Update QuickBooks.
- Click on the Options window.
- Go to the button Share Download and then press the Yes option.
- Hit on the Save option.
After successfully downloading the software, install it and save it to some reachable location.
How to Upgrade the QuickBooks Desktop?
- Look for the option Your New Version of QB Desktop and then hit on it.
- Now, access the File Menu.
- Choose the option Open or restore the company.
- Press the Open button of the company data file.
Method 4: Manually Update the QuickBooks
- First and foremost, go to the Downloads and Updates section.
- After that, select your country from the Select Country drop-down list.
- Then, from the select product drop down, you must choose the appropriate product.
- When you’re finished, make sure to choose a version from the Select Version drop-down menu.
We have now come to the end of the article. Hopefully, the methods have helped you to update QuickBooks in your system.