The world is becoming more and more data-centric with each passing day. On average 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated every day and its increasing daily. This enormous data has proved to be an asset for companies, as by analyzing it one can derive valuable patterns and trends. However, analyzing and visualizing this plethora of data is a huge task in itself. This is where Power BI comes into play. Following is a brief description of Power BI and how to switch your career in Power BI.
What is the Power BI?
Business Intelligence or BI for short refers to the critical analysis and visualization of Big data and using this data to drive business strategies. There are numerous tools available to incorporate Business Intelligence. One such widely accepted and popular tool is Microsoft Power BI.
In simpler terms, Power BI is an advanced and highly interactive version of MS Excel. Although there are numerous tools in the market like Tableau, Qlikview, etc, Power BI is preferred as it is pocket-friendly and easy to use. Power BI can be accessed through desktop or mobile with the help of mobile apps, making it very interactive and user-friendly. Power BI is used by many industries like software companies, the hospitality industry, and even healthcare.
Why Power BI?
Power BI is a very useful and interactive business tool. There are a number of reasons why Microsoft Power BI training is preferred and has gained so much popularity. Some of the reasons are explained below:
- Easy data analysis: Power BI can gather data from various sources, analyze it and present it to you in a form that is easy to read and interpret, thus making the tedious process of data analysis easier.
- Dynamic: Power BI can constantly update the data and allows the user to get an overall view of the company.
- User-friendly: Power BI can be accessed from anywhere, from desktops, from mobiles, etc., making it very easy and convenient for the user.
- Power BI allows for easy integration with other software like MS Excel.
How to switch careers into Power BI?
The majority of the businesses today are digitally driven and data is considered a very important asset. Therefore, there is an immense demand for jobs in Power BI in India and all over the world. Power BI continues to gain more and more popularity, therefore, now is the prime time to sharpen the required skills and establish a career in this field. Here is a list of the various skills one needs to work on to get a job in Power BI :
- Hands-on experience in data warehousing projects, data preparation, and data getaways.
- Power BI is like a modified version of MS Excel, therefore, advanced MS Excel knowledge is a must.
- The ability to organize and visualize data and make interactive dashboards.
- Proficiency in data modeling, DAX formulas, etc.
What is the average salary?
Power BI is used in many organizations for a wide variety of jobs. Therefore, the salary is subject to job titles, experience, and skill set. The average salary of various IT professionals after online Power BI course is:
- Entry-level Power BI developer – 1 to 5 lakh per annum
- Senior-level Power BI developer- 10 to 20 lakh per annum or more
- Entry-level Data Analyst – 4 lakh per annum
- Senior-level Data Analyst – 8 lakh per annum or more
- Software engineer – 4.5 lakh per annum
- Senior software engineer – 6 lakh per annum or more
What are the top companies hiring?
Power BI is being used all over the world by companies to analyze data. The modern business world is data-driven, where data is an asset as well as the source of reformations. With the increasing use of data and statistics in business, there is an increase in the demand for Power BI.
The top companies hiring in India are :
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Dell Computers
- Hexaware technologies
Therefore, it is safe to say that Power BI has won the trust of many companies and is racing on its way to being the most widely used business intelligence tool. Its highly interactive and user-friendly nature has allowed Power BI to gain a lot of popularity in relatively less time.
The need and demand for proficiency in Power BI are increasing rapidly, and so is the multitude of areas where Power BI is used. At a time when the business world is moving towards faster and more economic solutions, Power BI is undoubtedly a great asset. Hence, anyone looking forward to evolving with time must gain proficiency in Power BI.