When it comes to choosing the new garage door you have a large number of options. The decision comes down to which option best fits your home’s needs. Some factors to be considered when you buy a garage door including the style, materials, windows or no windows, insulated or non-insulated, and the type of door opener. If you do not know what to consider when you buy a garage door, visit Steel-Line Australia or read the tips given below.
Garage Door Styles
There are a large number of different styles of garage door to choose from –
- Sectional Style – Sectional style is the most common type of garage door. The doors are broken into separate sections, held together with hinges. The hinges let the door to bend and move as it is opened and closed, as they are so common, sectional style doors are available in many different materials and designs.
- Carriage Style – It is a classic type of garage door that resembles the style found in traditional horse barns. Originally carriage style doors were equipped with handles and opened outward. Many garage doors still open this way. Homeowners have the option now to have carriage style doors that operate like modern garage doors instead.
- Roll-up Style – Such types of garage doors have a style in which the garage doors coil upward when opening.
Single Door Vs Double Door
If you need little more space in the garage, you have 2 options to consider – 2 single doors or 1 double door.
Two Single Doors
- Decrease the amount of hot or cold air entering the garage
- Visually appealing
- Leave no room for a third car
- Need double maintenance
- Require purchase of a second garage opener, which could be expensive
One Double Door
- Provides more space inside the garage, for homeowners who use car seats or wheelchairs.
- Requires only one opening mechanism
Also with one double door, all household cars will be kept behind the same door in the case of a door malfunction.
When selecting the material for the garage door you have a choice between wood, fiberglass, composite wood, steel, aluminum, vinyl, and glass.
Wooden garage doors give a warm, rustic touch of style to any home. They are available in two material makeup – the real wood and composite wood.
Steel is durable, strong, and dent resistant. Protect the interior of the garage from noise or weather. Steel garage doors offer a lot of insulation and are available in a range of prices.
Vinyl doors are affordable and they are easy to maintain. Can be customized to fit a large number of styles and colors. Once a vinyl door is hung it is difficult to change its appearance.
Glass doors can be a chic style choice for any modern home. The glass doors allow a lot of natural light into the garage and require no exterior paint to maintain. Such doors can be frosted or mirrored, allowing more privacy. They are often relatively costly and are designed to withstand the elements, they do not provide insulation.
When you decide to buy a garage door for your home then let a reliable company help you to choose the best door. Browse the company’s residential garage doors online or visit their showroom to view the garage door options in person.