How to resolve Quickbooks error 15241?
Are you facing QuickBooks Error 15241 in your system? Don’t know how to resolve this error then don’t worry we are here to help you by providing you with how to troubleshoot this QuickBooks error in simple steps. And we also give you information about the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15241.
QuickBooks Error 15241 can be multiple factors leading to a payroll error. This can be caused due to the QuickBooks Desktop Installation being damaged. It mainly occurs when the user installs or updates the payroll and it creates difficulty in the QuickBooks Payroll function. Whenever this error appears then a message will pop up on your screen like “Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully”.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 15241
There are some symptoms that help you to find QuickBooks Error 15241:-
- When the window program crashes.
- If the window starts to run sluggishly and slows down the response of the keyboard and mouse.
- In QuickBooks Payroll you will receive an update notification.
- Users are not able to install the payroll update.
Causes of Error 15241
- When QuickBooks Desktop file copy service (FCS) is disabled. For the function of the QuickBooks application and payroll service, this is important.
- If the downloaded file got corrupted.
- The installation of QuickBooks was not done properly.
- If the window registry file is corrupted and damaged due to the installation of QuickBooks then the same error could be seen on your device.
- The trojan attacks will also be the reason.
- Mistakenly, the essential files of QuickBooks got deleted.
- When the anti-virus program will block the access of updated files.
Make preferences in QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, go to the Edit menu and choose the Preferences tab.
- Then, select the ‘Reports’ and ‘Graphs located’ on left.
- Choose any one option from preference like ‘My Preferences’ or ‘Company preferences’.
For My Preferences
- Make sure to modify the report option and verify that before opening.
- Whenever you create a report the modified report window will open automatically on your system.
- After that, to confirm set graph and ‘report preferences’.
- Ask me to refresh- when the report is refreshing a prompt will appear on your display which shows the graph or graph has to be refreshed.
- Automatic refresh- whenever you make a change in the report then QuickBooks Desktop will automatically refresh it.
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15241
Below are the following steps to resolve this QuickBooks Error 15241:-
For the user of Window 7/ 8/ Vista and 10:-
- Firstly, the user has to close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, click on the Window Start button and right-click on the computer.
- Then, the user will choose the Manager tab.
For Windows 10 users- go to the taskbar and tap on the search bar then search for a computer. After that right-click on it and select the manager tab.
- Go to the service tab and then click on ‘Applications’.
- From the right pane tap on the Service option.
- Then, click on operation on ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC’.
- You have to click on the startup type drop-down option.
- Then, choose manual and then tap on Apply button.
- Select the Start option and then tap on OK.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Go to downloads QuickBooks Desktop product update.
- At last, ‘Update latest payroll tax tables’. And verify whether QuickBooks Error 15241 is still there or not.
You may also like – How to Resolve Quickbooks error 3371
For Windows XP Users:-
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Move to the My Computer and then choose Manage. You will see the computer management screen will open.
- Go to the Service and Application tab and you have to select the service option. Then the service window will open on your screen.
- After that, double-click on the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FSC’ service. Then this window will open.
- Now, move to the General tab and select the ‘Startup type’ drop-down list and choose the ‘Manual’ option.
- Then, click on the OK button.
- Now, again open the QuickBooks Desktop again, and download the updates.
- You have to update Payroll tax tables.
- Go to the Employees option and click on ‘Get Payroll Updates’.
- Choose the entire payroll update.
- Then, select the Update tab.
- You will receive a message when the download process takes place “A new tax table and/or updates to your payroll tax forms have been installed on your computer”.
- By clicking on the OK button the process of download will end and you can read about the changes which display on your system screen.
Read more about how to resolve Windows error code 0x0 0x0.
You can set up your QuickBooks for automatic updates. This will keep you from manually updating your QuickBooks desktop and other various tool and application. follow the steps to do it:-
- Go to the Help and then choose ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Then move to the options tab. And tap on ‘yes’ to turn on the automatic updates.
- Now, click on the Close tab.
In this article, we discuss how to resolve QuickBooks Error 15241. I hope this article will be helpful for you and may resolve your issues. You have to follow all the steps correctly so that you can easily solve this error. If you have any other issues then visit our articles to troubleshoot them.