Loss of important data is one of the worst things to happen to any organization. In most cases, the chance to recover deleted data is next to impossible. Fortunately, Outlook provides users with the ability to restore lost data using manual means. And if for some reason those manual means fail, then you have plenty of tools available to retrieve Outlook data. In this blog, we will discuss such techniques to recover deleted emails from Outlook.
Let us start with the manual methods first:
A simple delete operation in Outlook moves the selected item into a specific folder. However, deletion from that folder leads to permanent loss of data. If you realized that you deleted some important mail in Outlook, then you can follow these steps:
- Open the Deleted Items folder and look for the lost email message in it.
- Right-click on the mail and choose Move to, then select Other folder.
- Once the mail is moved, you can find the deleted emails back in your Inbox folder.
However, if the items are nowhere to be found, you can try looking for them in a hidden folder. To access this folder and recover deleted emails from Outlook, follow these steps:
- In MS Outlook, select the Deleted Items folder.
- Then, open the Home tab from the ribbon bar and select Recover Deleted Items from Server option.
- Now, select the items that you want to recover.
- Click on Restore Selected items option, then select Ok.
- This will move all the emails from the Hidden folder to the Deleted Items folder. Afterward, recover the emails into your Inbox.
Note: If the hidden folder is not present in your Outlook, then your account does not support recovery of permanently deleted emails.
Professional Tool to Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook
If the manual methods fail to deliver results, you can try a professional tools for Outlook recovery. There are plenty available in the market. Although not all of them are as good as SysTools PST file recovery software. With this software, you can repair all kinds of issues in Outlook including the recovery of deleted emails from Outlook. The software even works with corrupt PST files.
Recover Deleted Outlook Emails with SysTools PST Recovery
- Download and Install the software.
- Open the software and click on the “Add File” button.
- Select the PST file to recover deleted emails.
- Choose the “Advance Scan” option, then select “Add” button.
- The software will display all the email items in the Outlook file. It also highlights the deleted items in red color. Click on the “Export” button from the ribbon bar.
- Select the PST format and select the location to store the PST file.
- Click on the “Adv Settings” button to apply options such as splitting the PST file, filtering of emails, and category of data to export.
- Finally, click on the “Export” button to start the recovery of deleted emails from PST file.
The software not only recovers lost data items but is also capable to repair corrupt PST file. It has every feature a user will ever need while retrieving deleted items from Outlook.
Always ensure that no unauthorized personnel can access your Outlook data to avoid the accidental deletion of data. Also, if the emails are already deleted, you can find them in the Deleted Items folder. However, to recover deleted emails from Outlook that are permanently lost, you will either need the hidden folder or professional software. The PST file recovery software of SysTools provides you with the option to save deleted items such as emails, contacts, calendars from Outlook. It also previews the recoverable emails before saving them into these formats: PST, EML, PDF, MSG, HTML, Office 365.