External or portable hard drives are the huge storage devices. Portable hard drives can store videos, photos, documents and many more things. So, most of us use external hard drives to store our data. But, there are times when you lose your data and you just panic. But, from now onwards, no need to panic you can recover data from external hard drive easily. You just need a reliable hard drive data recovery software through which you can recover data from portable hard drive.
Reasons For Data Loss
Do you know the reasons why this data loss issue occurs? No, don’t worry here are some common reasons for data loss.
- Accidental Deletion – This is one of the most important reasons for data loss. Because human errors are unpredictable and portable or external hard drives does not have recycle-bin option. The user will lose the file once it gets deleted.
- Formatting Errors – Formatting errors are common, means it happens that user sometimes format the wrong hard disk.
- RAW or Corrupted Drive – Sometimes hard drives gets damaged and turns RAW or corrupted. This is also a reason for data corruption.
- Virus attacks – If the user connects portable hard drive to a system which is not protected by anti-virus software. Then, there are chances that your external hard drive will be affected by virus and malware and you can not access your data.
- Power Supply – User should have a stable power supply. Because too high or too low power supply will lead to data loss.
- Bad Sectors – Sudden shutdown also lead to data loss.
Steps To Recover Files From External Hard Drive
Step 1:- First step is that you need to go to “start”, then select “all programs” and then “hard drive data recovery software”.
Step 2:- After this, you need to select the scanning option. The software has 2 type of scanning option-
- Formatted scan:- You need to select “formatted scan” option only when you want to recover formatted data.
- Scan:- You should select “scan” option if you want to recover deleted or corrupted data.
Step 3:- You will see a progress report, the reading percentage will be shown in that report. You need to wait till the time it get completed. When the progress report is ready, you will see all your folders in the left panel of the software.
Step 4:- Now, you need to select the folders for data recovery. When you will select the folders you will see all your data in the right panel of the software and the software will show you all the permanently deleted data in red colour.
Step 5:- The last step is that you need to save your data by right clicking on the data and you have to choose a destination for your data.
Key Features Of Hard Drive Recovery Software
- This software supports all window versions.
- It recovers formatted, corrupted, and delete data safely.
- Recovers data from internal as well as external hard drive.
- It supports different file formats like NTFS and FAT.
- This software highlights the permanently deleted data in red colour.
In this post, I have discussed about that how you can recover data from portable hard drive. There are no manual methods for portable hard drive data recovery. So, I have discussed about a software named SysTools Hard Drive Recovery Software. This software recovers complete data safely and securely. You can try a demo version to check its reliability.