How to install the firmware on Pixel via Android Flash Tool. Android Flash Tool is an official online tool for installing the firmware on Pixel phones and some Android development devices. If you have a Pixel phone, you should know the official Google tool. It is the best choice for development and testing purposes. It is a very simple, simple, and effective web tool. Here you will know how to use Android Flash Tool to install the Stock firmware on Pixel.
What is Android Flash Tool?
Android Flash Tool is a Google software that allows users to install the firmware on Pixel phones. It is a web tool that simplifies flashing by allowing users to install the firmware directly from the browser. The tool works on browsers with WebUSB support such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Opera. It can also be used to repair blocked Pixel phones by installing the right firmware. There are many advantages to using the Android Flash Tool. Support Pixel Phones: The flash tool supports Pixel phones such as Pixel 2 and newer Pixel phones. It means that it supports Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, and Pixel 4 XL. It also supports Android development devices like HiKey and HiKey 960. Flash Firmware: Allows users to perform firmware installation on all supported Pixel devices. This means that you can flash Android builds on your Pixel devices and Android development devices. Supports various platforms: Android Flash Tool can be used on any platform such as Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome OS because it is a web tool and only depends on the browser you use on your computer. Useful tool: the tool works on browsers that support WebUSB and does not require installation on the computer. It means that you don’t need to download the tool, just go to the web page and start using it. Supported phones:
- Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Upcoming phones
How to install the firmware on Pixel via Android Flash Tool
To perform the firmware installation via Android Flash Tool you need to follow a few steps before you can actually flash the firmware.
Install the USB drivers
To flash the firmware you need to connect the device to the computer, but to detect the phone you need to install the correct USB driver. If you have macOS or Linux, you don’t need to install a USB driver on your computer. But for Windows, if the driver has not been installed, you need to install it manually. The process of installing drivers on Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 is different and is quite simple.
Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking
Before flashing the firmware on the Pixel device, you must first configure the device. It includes enabling the necessary settings and advanced features that help you install the firmware using the Android Flash Tool.
- First, make a full backup of your device.
- Open Settings then go to About phone.
- Now click on Build Number 7-8 times and “Now you are a developer” will be displayed.
- Then go back to Settings and go to System> Advanced> Developer options.
- In the developer options, look for USB debugging and enable it.
- Also, enable OEM unlocking in the developer options. In case you have already unlocked the bootloader, it will be disabled.
Once the previous steps are complete, you can follow the instructions below to flash the firmware.
Steps to install the firmware on Pixel via Android Flash Tool
- Open the Android Flash Tool home page (remember to open it on Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge 79+).
- Connect your phone to your PC and you’ll be asked to allow debugging permission on your phone, then allow it.
- Click Start to begin the process, you will be prompted to install the driver but it has already been installed, then skip it.
- Now select ‘Add a new device’ and it will show a popup with the name of the connected device on it.
- Select your device and click Connect. It will prompt for a window on your phone for authorization, click Allow.
- Then select the connected device and select for the desired build you want to flash on the Pixel device. Or you can select other options like clearing or forcing the flash.
- After selecting, click “Start” and the device will boot into Fastboot. The device will disconnect if you use the tool for the first time. Then, plug in your device again and it will resume the process.
- Wait for the installation and when finished, disconnect the phone.
- That’s all now you’ve successfully flashed the firmware on your device.
So here is the complete guide on Android Flash Tool which is really a great tool for Pixel users.