If your wavlink router is not working then there are a few things you can do to get it back up and running. Here is a guide that covers all of such troubleshooting steps. Let’s start.
Check The WAN Port
First thing to do is to ensure that the WAN port is turned on. The wan port is used for connecting the router to your modem or gateway device and will be labelled as such. If this isn’t working, try rebooting it. To do that, unplug it from both ends. Then, wait for about 30 seconds. Now, plug it back in again into both ends. You may need to do this multiple times to fix the problem.
Examine the Chords
Make sure that all cords are plugged in firmly and securely into their respective ports. Especially those power ones because they tend to come loose easily over time. This happens due to wear-and-tear mainly from normal usage over long periods of time. Loose chords can impact Wavlink router setup.
Check The Wi-Fi Connection
Some people find themselves accidentally connected through their cellular network instead of Wi-Fi. This happens when they go through setup wizard and they forget which networks they’ve set up during initial setup. To fix this problem once and for all, simply go back through the online setup wizard. The wizard will confirm which connection method works best for your home or business needs.
Reset Your Modem
If you are connected to the router with an ethernet cable and there is no internet connection, try resetting your modem by unplugging it from the wall outlet for at least one minute and then plugging it back in again.
Check for Firmware Updates
If you’re experiencing problems with your Wavlink router, check whether there are any firmware updates available. Firmware updates can fix bugs and security issues. Additionally, it improves your internet connection and makes your router run much more smoothly.
To check for new firmware:
- Log into your Wavlink account on wifi.wavlink.com.
- Click on “Routers” at the top of the page, then select “Manage”.
- Select “Settings” near the bottom of this page.
- You will be presented with different options depending on what type of device you have such as a modem or range extender.
- For example, if you have a modem from Wavlink (rather than one from another company), select “Modem” from this list; otherwise choose “Range Extender.”
- Scroll down until you see an option called “Firmware Update Center.”
- Then, you can click there to go directly there.
- Otherwise just select it from within either section below.
- Either way it will take you to a screen where all available firmware versions are listed.
Reset the Router to Factory Settings.
To reset a Wavlink router, you need to first log into your router’s web-based interface.
- To do this, open a browser window and type in the IP address of your router.
- You should be able to find it on the bottom of the device or in its user manual.
- Once there, check for any “Reset” buttons.
- If one is present, click it;
- Otherwise, proceed to the next step below.
- Next enter either “admin” or “admin” as both passwords for logging into the router’s settings page.
- Finally select a new WiFi name and password from their dropdown menus.
- Click Save Settings before exiting out of all browser windows.
Check the Cables Properly
- Check for the Cables Properly.
- Make sure that you have connected the LAN cable to your WAN port and not to another port.
- Ensure that the power cable is connected to a power source and not to another port.
- Check for network cables, make sure they are properly connected to your PC or laptop.
Note: Wavlink router is a powerful device to connect with the internet and share data. However, sometimes the Wavlink routers might face some technical issues, and in that case, it becomes necessary to contact experts for resolving those errors.
We hope the above troubleshooting methods will help you in fixing all technical issues related to Wavlink routers. For any other query or if you are not able to fix the problem, then feel free to contact us by visiting our website. For fixing any technical error, you should always consult an expert. Our Wavlink router assistance is one of the best in the world when it comes to solving errors related to Wavlink routers. Our experts will guide you through every step of the process with ease. They can also provide solutions that work on your specific issue and also read about Wavlink AC1200 setup.