Are you still dealing with files and folders all over your table and unable to take out time for yourself? Are you even aware that amazing accounting software, QuickBooks, in the market that can help you in managing your financial records and file your tax return on time? Whether you are a top-notch multinational company and business start-up, you all need to have the best accounting software to make you work easier and faster. Despite of its growing popularity and unmatchable features, you might face some or the other issue while working on it. One such error is QuickBooks Error Code H505 which happens if there is any issue related to the Multi-User hosting set up, i.e. when any user tries to access the company file on some other computer than the host one. In case you are dealing with this error, you can either follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps or simply get in touch with the expert technicians at the QuickBooks helpline number and ask for quick assistance.
Before getting into the solution, know the causes of this Error H505 –
1. There might be damaged or missing. ND files in QB Desktop.
2. The QB Services might not be active on your PC.
3. There might be incorrect settings or hosting configuration.
4. There might be incorrect QB Firewall settings.
5. The DNS settings might be incorrect.
Now, below are the steps to resolve this prevailing Error H505 in QuickBooks –
1. Make a new Company File Folder
• Start with generating a ‘Replacement Folder’ on your hosting computer. And then share the original folder and Windows permission access in order to share the company files.
• Now, in the new folder, copy .qbw file in the multi-user mode again. And then try opening the Company File.
2. Open the Networks Ports that QuickBooks User to Transmit Knowledge
Configure Firewall Settings
• Click on the Windows Firewall Settings, and then right-click on the Windows tab in order to click on the instrument panel.
• Then, type ‘Firewall’ in the given search bar, and press the Enter key.
• Now, click on the Windows Firewall again and press the Advanced Settings option.
• Left and right-click ‘Outbound Rules’ and select the ‘New Rule’.
• Click on ‘Ports’ and press Enter.
• When you click on TCP, in specific local ports, you have to enter the following ports –
o QB Desktop 2018 – 8019, 56728, 55378 – 55382
o Desktop 2017 – 8019, 56727, 55373 – 55377
o QB Desktop 2016 – 8019. 56726, 55368 – 55372
o QB Desktop 2015 – 8019, 56725, 55363 – 55367
• Now, click on ‘Next; and select ‘Allow the Connection’ option.
• Then type-in name in the given field and press ‘Finish.’
• Repeat the given step 1-5 for the inbound rules and then go to the multi-user mode again and try opening QB.
Turn-On Network Discovery
• Open the control panel and click on ‘System and Security.’
• Now, press on Windows Firewall and in the left pane, go to the ‘Click permit associate app/ feature on the Windows Firewall.
• Then, press on the ‘Modification’ open and select the ‘Network Discovery’ and click ‘OK.’
Know the name of your server
• Start with opening the ‘RUN’ command by pressing ‘Windows + R.’
• Now, in the search bar type the CMD and click Enter.
• Then, enter all the configuration and press Enter.
• In the IP Configuration section, start looking for the ‘Host Name.’
• You can have a look at the server name on the right side and then save it and move to the next step.
3. Check the Hosting and Services
• Open QB in every workstation and select files and press on ‘Utilities.’
• In case you see the host multi-user access in the given list, then that won’t be the hosting computer. So, move to the next one.
• And, in case you see ‘Stop Hosting the Multi-User Access’, then click on it and repeat steps 1-3 for each computer.
Verify QuickBooks Services
• Press ‘Windows + R’ and open the ‘RUN” command.
• In the search bar, type MSC and click Enter.
• Then, search Services.msc in the Windows search bar.
• And then in the services window scroll down to search the QuickBooksDBXX service.
• Now, by double-clicking on the QuickBooksDBXX service, ensure that the startup is ready to be Automatic and then try ‘Repair Standing’ tool.
• Press the ‘Recovery’ tab and ‘OK’ to save the changes.
• Now, for the ultimate QBCFMonitorServcice, repeat the above-given steps from 1-5.
• Then, open QB in a multi-user mode for each digital PC and see the issue has been fixed.
We surely believe that these troubleshooting steps will surely help you form overcoming the prevailing issue. But, in case you get stuck somewhere, or you need quick assistance, you can simply get on a call with the techies at the QuickBooks phone number.