Are you seeing flashing boxes when you open QuickBooks? Can’t open the company file? Can multiple users access the software? QuickBooks Error 6189 816 is the cause of all of these problems. If you want to get rid of these types of errors, you will need good guidance.
Throughout this article, you will be able to understand everything about QuickBooks Error 6189 816. We offer detailed solutions that will help you solve any such problem.
Introduction to QuickBooks Error -6189
Quickbooks error 6189 and 816 affect company files and prevent work from being completed. If more than one computer is trying to open the same file, this error occurs. As a result, the company file is not accessible due to the run-time error. A QB’s error message will flash as: An error existed when QuickBooks Desktop tried to access the company file (-6189, ).
Now that we understand the basics of this error, we will examine why it exists.
Reasons For Existence: QuickBooks Error 6189
We’ve listed some possible causes of QuickBooks 6189 and below.
- If you open a company file on another workstation while a server workstation is opening the same file, you may receive this error message.
- Corrupt or junk temporary QuickBooks files.
- The components of QuickBooks have been mistakenly deleted or lost.
- Incorrect and unclean software installation.
- There are incorrect entries in the Windows registry setup.
- Without administrator access, you cannot access the company file.
- A virus, malware, or ransomware has infected the computer.
Triggers to Detect Quickbooks Error 6189 816
These triggers will help you identify QuickBooks errors 6189 and 816 easily. Here’s what you should know.
- You will get the error code message “QuickBooks Error 6189 816” flickering on the screen.
- It is not possible to access the company file.
- It can be seen that there is a weak connection or a faulty setup.
6 Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6189
Solution 1: Correcting the Error 6189 With the Sample Company File.
To resolve errors in the company file, follow the steps here.
- Launch the QuickBooks desktop program.
- Next, choose No Company Open option & then Select Sample File.
- Choose the Random company file option.
- You will now be able to restore all your company files.
Solution 2: QuickBooks File Doctor Use
QuickBooks repair tools like QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD) are capable of diagnosing Quickbooks errors such as QuickBooks error 6189 and 816. Below is a guide to using the Doctor tool.
- Start by opening QuickBooks File Doctor.
- The next step is to select the company file containing the errors and issues.
- By clicking on the green button, you can launch Quickbooks file doctor.
- The scanning will detect and correct all errors automatically within seconds.
- The last step is to open QuickBooks again to verify if this run-time error persists.
Solution 3: Repair the Quickbooks Error 6189 816 Manually
- The Transaction Log file needs to be renamed as described above.
- QuickBooks desktop users must verify QBDataServiceUserXX’s permissions.
- You must then verify that the company files have been encrypted.
- Copy all files to your desktop, and finally paste them there.
If the 6189 error still persists, then the file must be moved back to its original location. If the file cannot be opened, the file should remain in its default location.
Solution 4: Rename the Transaction Log (TLG) and Network Data (ND) files
- Open the company file.
- Next, locate company_file.qbw.nd file and company_file.qbw.tlg file.
- You can rename your ND and TLG company files by right-clicking on them and selecting the option rename.
- You should now reopen QuickBooks to check whether the error still occurs.
Solution 5: Backup Files Create & Restore
Be sure to keep a backup of all company files on the previous system. As soon as you have created a backup, you will need to restore it on the new system. Read below to learn more.
- It is possible to recover file data from a flash drive, external device, or any other external device.
- Additionally, your PC can be connected to the Internet through an adequate and reliable Internet connection.
Solution 6: Restart QB Server & OS
It is possible that you will need to restart the computer and the server if you encounter any of those errors.
- First, restart the server.
- After the QuickBooks workstation has been restarted, you will need to restart QuickBooks.
- Moving further, launch Quickbooks Desktop.
- When you reboot the QuickBooks desktop on the system server, the Quickbooks software must be accessible on all workstation servers.
A multi-user version of QuickBooks is also available, allowing users to share files across several computers connected to the same server. and then h202 QuickBooks often occur when an individual is trying to access a company file from their desktop in a multi-user mode.
Our solutions guide is not only full of easy & quick solutions but it also includes the basics and causes for the existence of such 6000 series errors. Using our content, you can easily understand the QuickBooks error 6189 and 816 and then go on to fix it easily like a pro. We hope you will be able to execute these above 6 solutions with no hustle and will no longer face any such kind of issues in the near future.