The advent of cryptocurrency into the financial market have brought ease and security to the world in its wake. Before now, all we were conversant with was traditional means of payment that involved physical cash, credit cards, cheques, and gift cards for payment. The traditional means of payment was regulated and controlled by a central body called the central bank. The rules of central banks were not always convenient for people, hence the need for an alternative means of payment. The cryptocurrency was introduced to the world, and it became the ultimate solution.
Cryptocurrency is a decentralized alternative means of payment devoid of any control and rules from central banks. No government have control over cryptocurrency, and that is why some have banned it in their countries but not the government of Ghana. Since the inception of Cryptocurrency in Ghana, both the government and the people have been so welcoming to its uses.
In fact, in today Ghana, there is hardly any street that you wouldn’t find a billboard advertising Cryptocurrency platforms. Over 1000 cryptocurrencies are used in Ghana, and bitcoin is the most popular. Bitcoin is the first cryptocurrency to gain popularity in the world. Satoshi Nakamoto created it in 2009 to break the barriers associated with traditional fiat currencies.
The value of Bitcoin in 2009 was $1 and has increased to over $50,000 since then. That means if you owned one bitcoin or even less in 2009, you should be a millionaire by now. Hence, if you are looking for long-term investment, then cryptocurrency is the way to go. The crypto market is not stable due to the demand and supply of the coins, but the values still go up with time. If you are patient enough, you will surely gain big from trading bitcoin.
Exchanging bitcoin for mobile money
The good bitcoin news is that you do not only need to exchange for cash if you decide to sell it. Technology has made it so that you also change it to mobile money. Mobile money is a more secure form of money that allows you to receive, save, and spend money by using a mobile phone. The top four mobile money available in Ghana are Airtel, Vodafone, Tigo, and MTN.
To exchange bitcoin for mobile money, you need to sell your bitcoin first and then withdraw the funds as mobile money. Trading bitcoin in Ghana used to be an easy feat when only a few exchange platforms were available. Now, several platforms are being formed every other day, which has put fear in many. There is an exchange platform in Ghana that you can trust with all your trades; the exchange platform is Dart Africa.
Selling bitcoin for mobile money on Dart Africa
Dart Africa is the best cryptocurrency exchange platform in Ghana. With dart Africa, you can easily exchange your bitcoin for mobile money. The platform is trustworthy, reliable, and very easy to use. Since it was founded, Dart Africa has recorded over 2000 successful transactions.
When you sell your bitcoin on Dart Africa, you get paid within minutes of the transaction approval. Fast payment is one of the features of Dart Africa that has helped to manage its loyal clientele. The customer service is also top-notch, and they respond promptly to all complaints and suggestions.
To get started on Dart Africa, you need to create an account, after which you can proceed to sell your bitcoin and withdraw the proceeds as mobile money by adding a Ghana mobile money account. Follow the process below to create an account on Dart Africa.
- Log into the Dart Africa website at dartafrica.io.
- Click on sell now.
- Click on sign up here to create a new account.
- Fill in all the details required of you. The details include your preferred username, valid email address, valid phone number, and password. For security reasons, you must not share the password of your account with anyone.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of Dart Africa.
- Click on create an account.
After creating an account, the next step is to add a mobile money account to your wallet. Note: you can add more than one account. Follow the process below to add a mobile money account.
- Log into your account.
- On your dashboard, click on manage accounts.
- Select Ghana mobile money.
- Select preferred mobile network.
- Enter valid phone number and account name.
- Click on add account, and the mobile money account is immediately added.
You can proceed to exchange your bitcoin for mobile money by following the process below;
- Click on sell now.
- Log into your account by providing your email and password.
- Select the type of coin (BTC, ETH, or LTC)
- Input the amount of coin and its equivalent in USD, and GHS will be displayed immediately.
- Click on sell coins now.
- Make payments to the wallet details given or scan the QR code to continue. You get paid immediately after Dart Africa confirms the transaction.
- The money sent to you will become available as mobile money and will reflect as your wallet balance.