It is a simple task to convert MBOX files to PDF formats. Especially if you have the relevant email client installed and configured on your system. Multiple email clients (such as Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Opera Mail, etc.) provide some built-in options to save MBOX emails as PDF files. Even if an email client is required, it is an effective solution.
However, if you have an isolated MBOX file, the whole scene is tilted over its head. The only way to do this MBOX conversion is to use a professional program. In fact, this method is recommended even if you have already set up an email client. Because you can do custom MBOX to PDF conversion options according to your preferences.
1st Method – Use Thunderbird to Export MBOX to PDF Files
- Install Mozilla Thunderbird
- Download ImportExportTools NG Add-On
- Go to Tools > Add-Ons
- Click Gear
- Search ‘ImportExport’ in the search bar
- Out of the search results, install ImportExportTools NG.
Step 1. Select the desired Thunderbird email in the Mozilla Thunderbird panel.
Step 2. Click the “File” menu and select “Save Selected Message“.
Step 3. The arrow buttons will display various file formats. Select only “PDF format” from it.
Step 4. Now, you will be asked to select the “Destination Path” to save the generated PDF file. Select the folder and path to save it to the desired location.
If this is your first time using a plugin to convert Thunderbird emails to PDF, you will receive a warning that your attachments will be deleted. This is the cruel fact behind the free manual method.
If you still want to keep the attachment even after converting the email to the PDF document, switch to the automated tool described in the next section of this article.
2nd Method – Use Professional Tool
Since there are a few drawbacks associated with the manual method, users often switch to trusted professional tools like Quickdata MBOX to PST Converter. Yes, regardless of the name of the software, this tool supports export formats – PDF, EML, MSG, PST, NSF, and HTML.
For more details, visit the official site. Also, read the instructions and features given below.
Step 1. Start the MBOX converter for PDF file.
Step 2. Click ‘Add File’ to import the MBOX files.
Step 3. Preview the emails in the software interface.
Step 4. Select the ‘PDF’ format and apply ‘Advanced Settings’.
Step 5. Click ‘Export’ to start converting MBOX files to PDF format.
- Batch Convert multiple MBOX files to PDF documents
- Maintains email attachments
- Preview emails before conversion
- Set up page margins for top, bottom, left, and right
- Choose paper orientation and page size
- Optional setting to include complete MIME header
- Apply Naming convention to the converted documents
Need to Convert MBOX Emails to PDF
PDF is a secure file format and offers many benefits to businesses. This is why many users find the technology to perform MBOX to PDF conversion. Here are some of the reasons:
- The user can publish all the content while using the PDF document file because it does not require any format and the format the user gets is the same as the format in the original document.
- These files have nothing to do with the platform and can be easily supported, so they have great flexibility and mobility. Their users have no pressure to access these files because there are no capacity issues.
- Another reason users convert a large number of MBOX emails to PDF format is that it also provides password protection so users can restrict unnecessary access to files.
- These files are very useful when the user wants to show some important evidence in court because they can be accessed on any platform without changing any format.
As we all know, PDF is the best file format used by millions of users around the world. Therefore, we have decided to write a blog for all users who want to export MBOX files in PDF format. Here we have discussed two methods of manual and professional methods to move, transfer, and save multiple emails as PDF. Read the blog carefully, analyze the two methods, and choose the one that suits you best.