5 Tools for Combining PDF Files
There are many situations when the ability to merge PDF files can be helpful – you may need to merge scanned documents, combine images into a single PDF, or just copy an individual page from one PDF file into another. To accomplish these tasks, you’ll need a PDF compiler. Luckily, there are plenty of tools for merging PDFs, both online and offline. For example, you probably know about Adobe® Acrobat®, which is one of the best-known programs for working with PDF files. But, of course, you can merge PDFs without the Acrobat® software and use one of many alternatives.
In this article, we’ll describe how to use three desktop apps for Windows and Mac, a built-in tool on Mac computers, and an online PDF editor with https://www.sodapdf.com/. We hope this review will help you choose the option that best suits your needs.
How to Combine PDF Files on Mac or Windows 10 with PDFChef by Movavi
The first tool we’ll review is PDFChef. It’s an advanced desktop application for both Windows and Mac that makes working with PDF files a fast and easy process. With Movavi’s PDF merger, it takes just a few clicks to merge two PDF files into one.
The app has a simple and intuitive interface, so you won’t need to spend much time learning the program. In addition to combining PDF files, PDFChef offers a range of editing features you may need when working with PDFs. It enables you to split PDFs files, delete unneeded pages, edit text, rotate and rearrange pages. Another important feature is the addition of a signature, which is both easy and secure – with PDFChef, you can be sure that your documents are protected. And, of course, the program enables you to convert text and image files between popular formats. To check out this app, you can use the trial version that’s available for free for 7 days.
PDFChef offers three different ways to merge PDF files and images. Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions for each of the approaches. Take a look at these guides and decide which option is the most convenient for you.
How to Merge PDF Files Using the PDF Merge Tool
- Step 1. Install PDFChef by MovaviDownload the PDF joiner, launch the installation file, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Step 2. Add the PDFs You Want to Join TogetherRun the program and click Merge in the tools list. In the window that opens, click Select Files and choose the files you want to merge. You can also drag the files into the app’s working area.
- Step 3. Combine the Files into a PDFYou can rearrange the files you’ve added by dragging them into the desired order. To create a single PDF from these multiple documents, click Merge. The new document will open in another tab, so you can do more editing if you wish.
- Step 4. Make Edits and Submit ThemIn the preview tab, you will see the merged file with all the pages from the files you added. The pages will appear in the order in which the documents were placed earlier. Any of these pages can be moved, copied, rotated, or deleted. If you need to add some extra blank space between your pages, use the Blank Page button in the right-hand panel. To save the new file, click File in the menu bar and choose Save As.
How to Merge PDF Files with Images Using Manage Pages Mode
Sometimes it’s useful to add a batch of images to your PDFs to make the document more understandable and easy-to-read. The software will automatically convert PNG and JPG images to PDF.
- Step 1. Get the Application Download, install, and run PDF Chef on your computer.
- Step 2. Open a PDF Open a PDF file in the program and click the Manage Pages button in the top panel. You will see the layout of your document.
- Step 3. Import Images into Your PDF Document To add images as separate pages, click Append Files in the right-hand menu and choose the images you want to add. The additional image(s) can be moved within the document by dragging and dropping them to the desired location(s). You can also import and place an image directly on a PDF page using the Image option from the Edit drop-down menu.
- Step 4. Create a New File To save the contents to a new file, choose the Save As command from the File menu, enter a name for the file, and hit Save.
How to Combine PDF Pages From Different Documents
If you want to select pages from different PDF documents and merge them into a single PDF, we recommend you use tabbed editing.
- Step 1. Download the SoftwareFirst, download and install the software on your PC or Mac.
- Step 2. Prepare the FilesOpen each source document in a separate tab using the Open File button. Make sure you have selected page management mode in each tab.
- Step 3. Combine Pages from Different PDF FilesThen, holding down the Ctrl key, select one or more pages in one document, copy them with Ctrl+C, open the tab containing the target document, and paste the pages with Ctrl+V (or choose Paste in the right-hand menu). You can then manually rearrange the order of the pages in the final document.
- Step 4. Save Your ChangesTo save changes to the current file, use the Save command on the menu bar. To save a copy of a PDF, use the Save As command.